Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had one girl insist that she was some pop diva. If she has maybe glammed up a bit, we'd have given candy, but as it was it looked like she just sprayed her hair back a bit.

Pathetic.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

At a Halloween party went to on Saturday, one friend of mine wore a "Limp Bizkit" t-shirt, and went as, in his words, "myself, seven years ago."

It was forgivable, 'cause he's been extremely busy lately. (Plus, I thought it was kinda clever myself.)

Comment

Damn, some of these kids are being lazy asses.

It's bad enough when they don't even dress up; when they recycle their uniforms from their kiddie sports teams is what irks me. And whoever thought selling belly dancer costumes to little kids was a good idea needs to be shot.

Plus I had to tell off several adults that wanted candy. Unless you have the metal capacity of a child, then bugger off.

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
          Yes, he was going as a girl.
          I reinforced him though. Told him I thought it was a great idea.
          One year in my early twenties the waitresses at the bar I worked talked me into this. Problem was, I had long hair, and I let them do my makeup and pick my clothes.

Why is this a problem? All night at the various parties I was asked why I didn't bother dressing up....

Kind of a blow to the ol' masculine ego.

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
            Shironu, that's terrifying and awesome.
            Thank you, and I actually scared the shiznit out of one of our baggers.

He was traumatized by the movie apparently and he jumped everytime I passed by him.

Poor lil guy...
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth hecubus View Post
              At a Halloween party went to on Saturday, one friend of mine wore a "Limp Bizkit" t-shirt, and went as, in his words, "myself, seven years ago."

It was forgivable, 'cause he's been extremely busy lately. (Plus, I thought it was kinda clever myself.)
              This one if kind of funny I wold have added a cardboard sign that said "myself, seven years ago." That way there wouldn't be everyone coming up to me asking me whatI was suppoused to be.

Comment

I think my most creative costume was Jack Skellington. I even went so far as to draw pinstripes on my black suit with chalk. Add to that the white skullcap, and white & black facepaint, and most people could acutally guess who I was. Eventually, I got tired of sweating under the skullcap, and took it off, at which point I was the Crow.... I love dual use costumes
                If ignorance is bliss, no wonder I'm so unhappy.

Comment

The best Jack Skellington I ever saw was at the Shipwreck 94 costume contest. The guy had a full-blown paper mache skull and puppet arms. He was incredible.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I have to start thinking about what my costume will be next year, taking into account it will be a Friday--and I'll be working, more than likely by myself.
                    Last edited by Becks; 11-02-2007, 03:05 PM. Reason: got my days screwed up
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Actually Halloween will be on a Friday next year.
                      I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        The best Jack Skellington I ever saw was at the Shipwreck 94 costume contest. The guy had a full-blown paper mache skull and puppet arms. He was incredible.

^-.-^
                        The Jack Costume I made for my fiance was made so that he can wear his painters stilts in the pants, and has some arm extensions as well. The stilts were necessary because for me to be Sally, he needed to be significantly taller than me, and I am 6'. The stilts put him right around 7'.
                        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          Not quite the same, but we've gotten some very lazy trick-or-treaters in past years. Kids come up to the door to beg candy, and they're wearing ordinary clothes. Their costume claims include:
                          • an undercover cop
                          • a street person
                          • "a homicidal maniac, they look just like everyone else" (yeah, thank you, Wednesday Addams)
                          • a human being (really? It's not very convincing.)

Puh-LEEZE! The kid wearing a bedsheet and going as a ghost is more clever than that! It's Halloween, use your imagination and put a proper costume together! Even if you just borrow a relative's work uniform (I used to wear my dad's National Guard fatigues), that's better than just wearing your own clothes.
                          Kids just don't have imagination these days. I know kids from my do-jang that wear their do-baks as their costume. If they want to wear a traditional outfit, I can make them han-baks and such. Yeesh.
                          A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
                            And whoever thought selling belly dancer costumes to little kids was a good idea needs to be shot.
                            That reminds me...

While I was at the costume store, picking up face paint for Andara, I saw a costume labeled, "Harem Princess."

It was a costume for a 6 to 8 year old girl.

Don't these people know what a harem IS?

Comment

O_o Can't they just label it "Princess Jasmine"?
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                                O_o Can't they just label it "Princess Jasmine"?
                                Not without getting sued, lol.

Although the two different princess Jasmine costumes at the disney store where really nice.
                                Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Working...
                                X