This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Raieth View Post
    The sad thing is that most women don't know their bra size. And Have no idea how to size themselves for a bra.
    At my store we do bra fittings for free....err...well....the women do....I obviously dont (thank gawd....eeeew)
    "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

I wish that the customers would learn the difference between "can" and "may".

SC: Can I try this on?
      Me: You may. Whether you can or not is an entirely different matter.

I love that strip! My dad always asks if the stuff that goes on in the strip actually happens. I have to tell him that unfortunately, that guy is spot on. Scary.

Quoth Raieth View Post
      The sad thing is that most women don't know their bra size. And Have no idea how to size themselves for a bra.
      See, I do, but every time I've used the one that Victoria's Secret has, I come up with a negative cup size. Probably has something to do with having a small rib cage. Of course, most women don't realize the best way to find a good fit is to try the damn things on!
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Here goes... I was taking something off a pallet @ work when a "certified genious" fresh out off dumbass acadamy asked me if i worked there (i was in uniform....duh!) and i'm like "let me think....do i?" uuuuhhh.... yes?
        NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

The dumbest questions I get asked are because of Signs.

For example:

***Sign hanging up "Our Western Union System is down...we cannot send transactions at this time"***

SC: ***Comes up and knocks on the desk to get my attention in the back. I give the minute penalty wait per knock***
          Me: Can I help you?
          SC: ***Points to sign*** So Western Union is down?
          Me: Yes
          SC: So I cannot send this money
          Me: No
          SC: Ohhhhhhhh....kkkkkkkkkkk.
          Me: Anything else.
          SC: Well I GUESS NOT!
          ***Storms out of store***
          --AmericanZero8503--
          Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Comment

It might have been a joke, but he sounded dead serious when he asked it. I worked at a games store. Video games that is. The walls are FILLED with video games. This guy came in and asked:

"Have you got any games?"
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...114#post119114
              This one was without a doubt the stupidest question I have ever been asked. To this day I don't think she knows I was messing with her.
              "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
                Me: Aloha ... Maui Public Library, how may I help you?
                SC: Yeah, are you guys open?
                Me: ................ yes.
                SC: Thanks! *click*
                No! I'm in here on a day that we're closed, because I just loooooooove this place so much I can't bear the thought going a whole day without being here!
                "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Stupid Questions

"You laying mulch?"
                  "Nah, it grows wild here so we got to chop it up, put it into piles and then put it in the back of my pickup truck. The reason its all spread out now is we just started."

"Are you fixing that boat?"
                  "Nope, I'm breaking it. See what happens when your late with your slip fee?"

"Can you jump start my boat?"
                  Not really a stupid question, I do it fairly often except this jackass spent about 20 minutes berating me about the ten dollar ramp fee. Can you guess my answer?
                  You'd be surprise how many different ways the navy teaches you to use the F word in one sentence. My turn to swear jacko.

"I dropped my cell off the pier...can you umm, get it for me?"
                  For once I didn't have a smart ass answer. I just started to cackle.
                  "Beatings will continue until morale improves!"

Comment

I was sitting on the couch in the break room at work during my break. The break room is located down a hallway outside the menswear department in the back of the store. In order to get to the hallway, you have to walk RIGHT PAST the customer bathrooms.

So imagine my surprise when a customer walks into our employees only break room. I ask them if I can help them, and they ask me, "Are the bathrooms back here?" I tell them no and I walk them out onto the edge of menswear and point to the bathrooms they walked RIGHT PAST. Sigh..

I have another funny bathroom story told to me by a co-worker. She works in the shoe department, which is also right near the customer bathrooms. She had a young lady ask her where the bathrooms were. Co-worker points to the customer bathrooms which are only a few feet away. (Posted on the door of the bathrooms is a sign that says "Merchandise not PERMITTED" and the girl looks at her, puzzled, and says to her, "Oh, but the sign on the door says "personnel?"
                    My Myspace, add me!

Comment

I once worked in a basement office. Lowest level in the building and only green arrows pointing up were over the elevator doors. At least four times a day as I was getting into the elevator, someone would come running up to the car and ask me if I was going up.
                      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

SCs ask stupid questions every day. Sometimes several times a day. Especially the "Do you work here" question. But the dumbest question I've ever been asked was:

"What's 50% off $10.00?"

Retail Haiku:
                        Depression sets in.
                        The hellhole is calling me ~
                        I don't want to go.

Comment

This was said by one of my tenants after being told that changing light bulbs in her apartment was her responsibility. This was preceded by the question of *_how_* to change a light bulb.
                          I'm going to guess that it wasn't putting in the new bulbs that gave her trouble so much as removing the old ones. She'd probably never learned to UNscrew.
                          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

One my Mother-in-law got years ago:
                            Woman had both her ATM card and every credit card she pulled from the recesses of her purse declined and asked: "Can I write a check?" - get out.

From today:
                            "What time will it snow again?" - ok, I can answer "when" will it snow again with some accuracy but I'm afraid "what time" is beyond even my ability.

And this one I get often from my locals who think it's funny. I have signs damn near everywhere that say ALL TIRE CHAIN SALES ARE FINAL! and they all think they're the only one's who think to joke: "So can I return my tire chains " - "well you can try but since I took my Xanax today it won't be nearly as much fun"

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                            ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post

"What's 50% off $10.00?"

Nooo!!!

I can completely understand 20% or 30% off an odd number like $17.49. I'm not a human calculator and I can't figure out odd percentages off in my head to the exact amount, only on paper. But 50% is so easy to figure out! It's just that price cut in half. I'm guessing maybe that person doesn't have very good math skills?

Don't worry Retail Associate, I shop in your store chain all the time, and I never ask the employees any dumb questions. I usually never have to ask them anything, 'cause I'm a big girl and can shop all by myself!
                              My Myspace, add me!

Comment

this is more something I heard,

Guy asked the bus driver today "are you the bus driver??Really?"

NO he is some random, the real bus driver is in the trunk!

I fear for humanity
                                I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Working...
                                X