Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you really don't want subsitutions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I could do it myself, I would. But I can't, so I have no choice.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I try my hardest to make appropriate substitutes; for awhile it was hard with the supply issues. I definitely feel for customers who end up having to go to 3 different stores because we don't send out-of-stock notifications until the order is actually invoiced (that's just dumb).
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

A local acquaintance ordered green grapes and got (IIRC) Brussel sprouts. Well, they were the same colour ...

I haven't been trained to do this (and have no plans to change that) but I've heard that it can be very tricky if the shopper can't find something on the list AND can't get hold of the customer to ask about substitutions.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

How do you get grapes and brussel sprouts mixed up...?

The most common mixup seems to be between leeks and scallions. Just...how? We'll also have shoppers not actually read the whole item description, so a customer will order one 5-pound bag of potatoes and get one single potato (or whatever the veg is that is sold both bagged and individually)
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
          X