Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what little I heard, it sounded like the My Immortal of music. Only the composers were trying to make a bad song.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
      *: Serge Gainsbourg was a French musician. He covered just about everything from reggae to rock. He is amazing. Check this guy out if you can. Some info.
      his daughter charlotte is also very good. she recently released an album produced by and accompanied by the guys from air.
      My Space

Comment

• I miss my Mandatory...although every once in a while I get lucky and catch it on JJO. That's about once a month or so. Lazer --excuse me, The Hog plays MetallicA about once every two months, I swear.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Quoth tacohuman View Post
          his daughter charlotte is also very good. she recently released an album produced by and accompanied by the guys from air.
          Have that one and I got into the Gainsbourg family through Air. Bob Dylan once said to not only listen to your favorite artist as an influence but to listen to that artist's influences. I must say I discovered loads of good music that way. Air I got into through Beck. They did a remix for his song "Missing."
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

• By some miracle, we've been able to get JJO at work all week. For all 3 of my 9 hour shifts, they've played MetallicA no less then twice, and today was at least 5 times.
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• I feel more sorry for that guy than anything. He's too stupid to realize he's missing the beauty and genius of past centuries.
              No one should go through life without hearing Tchaikovsky. His music is gorgeous.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

• Wonder what he'd think of the 1812 Overture. My cousin almost leaped out of his easy chair the 1st time he heard it.
                I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

• To bring order to the universe I put several of the classical compilation albums that I use to DJ wedding receptions with (weekend job) onto my iPod. I then took the iPod to work (land surveying) and listened to classical music in my Carhartts overalls and coat (Yes Carhartts are warm and indestructible).

The universe did not end when I tried putting Classical and Carhartts together. Actually the front pocket is the perfect size for a 80gb iPod.

All in all it was a wonderful experience and I will have to listen to classical at work more. Vivaldi and the deep woods work beautifully together.
                  "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

• Quoth MTNLaurelPoacher View Post
                    Vivaldi and the deep woods work beautifully together.
                    Bach isn't all that bad, either. But the one I really enjoy is Mussorgsky and a real good thunderstorm.

Comment

• Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                      What's wrong with classical music that he had such a fit about it? Oh wait...he's a redneck...lol.
                      Yeah, there's a whole slew of folks out there who are completely terrified of anything outside their tiny little worlds of ignorance. Sadly, it knows no geographic boundaries. You're as likely to run into them in Chicago and New York as you are in the backwoods of Georgia.
                      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

• Our customers usually love our music. One guy even hung around to hear a few more songs and chat away about it to us (we choose the CDs being played).

One other customer even BRINGS IN CDs for us to listen to and take home - he's a champion. Who would have thought my old Maths teacher would be chilling out with the only kid to get kicked out of his class back in the day.

We used to play Rammstein aswell (me and the boss like metal/rock or anythi8ng shocking. That game ended when an old German couple came in, and walked out with their hands LITERALLY over their ears.
                        SC:What makes you think you can tell me how to do this?
                        ME:Because I finished Pre-school, Elementary School, High School
                        and College first time. Now: Red wire is positive.

Comment

• Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
                          Wonder what he'd think of the 1812 Overture. My cousin almost leaped out of his easy chair the 1st time he heard it.
                          In my city, we have a free outdoor concert series during summer. The "Symphony" night always ends with the 1812 Overture. My mother tells me that when I was little I would actually sleep through it!

Comment

• Quoth matty View Post
                            In my city, we have a free outdoor concert series during summer. The "Symphony" night always ends with the 1812 Overture. My mother tells me that when I was little I would actually sleep through it!
                            I probably get to play this every summer. It's gotten to the point that I can practically sleep while playing it.
                            "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
                            "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
                            --Dilbert

Comment

• Quoth Zeeko View Post
                              That game ended when an old German couple came in, and walked out with their hands LITERALLY over their ears.
                              Did they complain?
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                                Did they complain?
                                They kinda did - they are regular customers and just said "Do you realise what they are saying in this song? I'm surprised you are listening to it"

We just shrugged and laughed really. Their one of those ANNOYING regulars that we wish we were rid off.

....Just gotta find out how to get Rammstein to play live in the store...hmmm.
                                SC:What makes you think you can tell me how to do this?
                                ME:Because I finished Pre-school, Elementary School, High School
                                and College first time. Now: Red wire is positive.

Comment

Working...
                                X