Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop taking your sister on dates to KFC!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Slow-Jo View Post
    so hows the weather where you guys are?
    5C here in Toronto.

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
      Ever gone knee boarding behind a pick up truck? THAT'S FUN.
      Is that what I think it is? Sadly I live in Philly now, and there is no snow to speak of
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
        Is that what I think it is? Sadly I live in Philly now, and there is no snow to speak of
        Knee boarding is done in water. It's like water-skiing but easier lol.
        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Custard Chick View Post
          Ahh snow...I went to college in Erie, PA
          I know exactly what you mean I lived in Erie for a couple years...my neighbor had a pair of snowshoes that he walked around in.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
            Isn't that awesome? They don't mess around. The ARMY was helping out!
            Actually, Canada came up with that trick first. Toronto needed to be dug out after a snow-storm, 'cause the pansies ( to rerant) couldn't manage it on their own. We even sent our army to the States a couple of times after severe ice storms. Because apparently part of Canadian Armed Forces training is dealing with massive amounts of adverse weather. Who knew?

Quoth rerant View Post
            5C here in Toronto.
            -_- *radiates hate in your general direction* That's right, I'm a HATEiator! Stupid Edmonton minus fourty-freaking-six celcius. BAH! *takes comfort in previous statement*
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
              There was apparently a huge blizzard to hit parts of China this past week. One of my customers called me from over there for something and was telling me how the Chinese army was sent out to the highways where people were stranded and were providing the stranded citizens with food and water.

Isn't that awesome? They don't mess around. The ARMY was helping out!

Coulda used them around here to help out during Katrina, eh?
              My aunt's supposed to have just finished 2 years of teaching English in China, only the airport's snowed in so she's stuck there until it clears. If she doesn't make it home by her birthday, we'll still have the party without her.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                Because apparently part of Canadian Armed Forces training is dealing with massive amounts of adverse weather.
                It seems the only action Canadian troops saw in the 1990's was dealing with bad weather.

Ree and tollbaby might remember that hellish ice storm we had in Eastern Ontario in 1998. Parts of the US got it too. The army was out in full force for that one. I lived in Ottawa at the time, and on the second day the sky was almost black with helicopters bringing the soldiers in.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                  It seems the only action Canadian troops saw in the 1990's was dealing with bad weather.

Ree and tollbaby might remember that hellish ice storm we had in Eastern Ontario in 1998. Parts of the US got it too. The army was out in full force for that one. I lived in Ottawa at the time, and on the second day the sky was almost black with helicopters bringing the soldiers in.

That's awesome. I think I'm moving up there with ya'll. Especially if a certain someone is elected president.

Mods - don't get mad - I didn't name any names and I am kidding, sorta.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
                    Could be worse
                    Yeah but fairbanks always had the most extreme weather....it got hotter than the rest of alaska during the summer and cold as hell in the winter.
                    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post
                      Yeah but fairbanks always had the most extreme weather....it got hotter than the rest of alaska during the summer and cold as hell in the winter.
                      I know, I had a friend that was from there.

What do you expect from a city built in the center of a bowl valley? Just look at it's cousin... LA, everything settles in it.
                      <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Working...
                      X