Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even the "quickie" motels in North Bergen are going upscale, if the remodeling of the exteriors is any indication.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      Do they not understand for them to stay a few hours we still have to take the room out of inventory for the whole night?
      I have actually been in that situation before. I knew I was going to have to pay the full rate and didn't ask for a lower rate, but still frustrating.

We pulled into San Antonio around 7am exhausted check in wasn't until 11am, there was a convention going on, no rooms for miles upon miles.

We had two choices, take the room and pay full price for the previous night and next night(keep in mind this was 7am it was vacant so it didn't require cleaning) or reserve the room and check in at 11am.

I hung out at Walmart until 11am, no way was I going to pay for two nights when I wasn't actually occupying the room two nights.
      Tamezin

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        Why is it that people think that because they are only staying a few hours they should pay a lower rate?
        I get that maybe... six times a day? If I'm lucky. I love watching them screw their faces up and go "Why is it so expensive??" Like I know the answers to everything.

Wait until the crank calls come in. Ugh.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

My first thought was "You pay more by the hour because the need is greater," but reading further I realized this was referring to late check-ins, not amorous encounters.

On one occasion, we checked into a motel at 5 am. I didn't argue about paying the full rate. We had been looking for a vacancy since 10 pm in SE Georgia and Florida, but did not realize it was spring break when we started the trip. We were there for several days.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
            *take your minds out of the gutter before reading this*
            Awww, that's no fun.

Eric the Grey
            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Before I found out that hotels have specific cleaning staff who come in for a few hours in the afternoon, I would have thought that it was reasonable to get a cheaper rate for half the time myself.

I still think that near truck stops, there's a demand for hotel rooms just for sleeping in. Keep a cleaner on at all hours. Let people rent the room from when they arrive to when they wake up.

If it can be done at a rate that's cheaper than renting a similar hotel room for the full day, but still pays its way, I think that sort of place would do great business.

It wouldn't need many facilities. Room, bed, bathroom, maybe a discount on dinner and breakfast at the truck stop next door (built into the room rate, naturally). Alarm clock, of course. Maybe a TV, maybe not.

Wouldn't even really need a cupboard, though a laundry service would probably be very welcome. Hand the laundry in within an hour of arrival, it's ready for you to pick up on departure.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

As my mind is in the gutter while reading this.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M2MlMyrcUjY&feature=related
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                X