Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

these are just from today (aka, why I want to quit, long, rant, language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booking on-line can suck. I booked a room through a travel site because they offered a great rate. I also called the hotel line and got a quote for a lot higher. So I booked online. Checked in, tossed my luggage on the bed and went back out, got in at 2 am. Well the shower was dirty, though it had clean towels and the linens on the bed were clean but the bed was WET. Not the blankets, not the top sheet, just the bed and the fitted sheet was a bit damp. It did not smell but it was wet. And our terrace has the entire heating and cooling units for our floor. Every other room and a terrace. The noise was horrid. No wonder I got such a great deal! The hotel was no where near full. Considering the maid service I was not surprised and the poor guy who checked us in at 3 in the afternoon was there in the morning. HE HAD BEEN THERE ALL NIGHT.
    That's why at 2 am we did not bother to bug him. We just laid all the towels on the bed and tried to sleep with the hum of the machines. We told him about our issues in the morning and he said sorry, offered us a free breakfast half heartedly and we told him no we just wanted out of there. He looked like he wished he could hide in our luggage and get out too.

Comment

Quoth Brightglaive View Post
      Peppergirl.... I have no problem with travel agents.

And smileyeagle I think my brother worked in the same call center you're in a long time ago (10+ years) if it's the hotel chain I'm thinking of. I got to hear all of his complaints and I let him know mine cause I worked at <major bargain computer company that no longer sells any computers in the US.>

My bro was pretty good at his job and you sound just like him.....

We all have sucky customers and there are a lot of sucky employees. So what am I saying??? You know.... I don't know what I'm trying to say except "Can't we all just get along!!!!"

he may well have... if he worked in either salt lake city or charleston... i can't speak for charlseton, but at least in salt lake if he did work here there are only 2 hotel chains that run call centers here and we're bigger.

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      Poor Smiley. *hugs* I know you hate your job. But you'll get a better, newer, more improved job soon so I'll be a good little girl and wish you luck.
      i don't hate my job all that much, I'm just burnt out at it. The department has grown too large too fast and now on top of the genuine SCs that will be there no matter what there are SCs that are being created by the fact that the company can't train employees fast enough to keep up with the growth and new hotels are joining the department so quickly that the employees on their end can't be trained properly on it either.

ok, long thing made short, I like what I do, I like working with guests, I like the hotel industry, I just can't handle all the stuff that goes with it at my company right now.

oh and so far it seems I'm the most qualified for the night audit position I applied for, no one else has any reservation experience which is something they need and I'm the only one with any accounting education to know what I'm looking at when I run the reports... so this looks promising, just wish me luck and hope I didn't jinx it with that last sentence.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        oh and so far it seems I'm the most qualified for the night audit position I applied for, no one else has any reservation experience which is something they need and I'm the only one with any accounting education to know what I'm looking at when I run the reports... so this looks promising, just wish me luck and hope I didn't jinx it with that last sentence.
        Good luck!
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
          Booking on-line can suck. I booked a room through a travel site because they offered a great rate. I also called the hotel line and got a quote for a lot higher. So I booked online. Checked in, tossed my luggage on the bed and went back out, got in at 2 am. Well the shower was dirty, though it had clean towels and the linens on the bed were clean but the bed was WET. Not the blankets, not the top sheet, just the bed and the fitted sheet was a bit damp. It did not smell but it was wet. And our terrace has the entire heating and cooling units for our floor. Every other room and a terrace. The noise was horrid. No wonder I got such a great deal! The hotel was no where near full. Considering the maid service I was not surprised and the poor guy who checked us in at 3 in the afternoon was there in the morning. HE HAD BEEN THERE ALL NIGHT.
          That's why at 2 am we did not bother to bug him. We just laid all the towels on the bed and tried to sleep with the hum of the machines. We told him about our issues in the morning and he said sorry, offered us a free breakfast half heartedly and we told him no we just wanted out of there. He looked like he wished he could hide in our luggage and get out too.
          Yeah feel bad for the peon...but sometimes stuff happens & I don't know many front desk staff in smaller places or hotels that haven't had to pull doubles sometimes...

There is never an excuse for a room that is dirty for any reason. It amazes me how many housekeepers in this area really don't care, they are just looking for that paycheck.

Sorry about your bad experience.
          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
          X