Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVE Coldstone's German Chocolate Cake combo - Chocolate Ice Cream with Caramel, coconut, brownie, chocolate syurp..maybe nuts? It's ridiculously good. And fattening and expensive. So I have it..like twice a year.

I really love Weight Watchers little ice cream cups. Those are really tasty!
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth computeraide View Post

I already knew I was a rage-a-holic, though, because shopping at Wal-Mart induces in me a phenomenon I like to call "cart rage". It doesn't take much to trigger an episode -- usually something as simple as the people who seem to be hosting some kind of reunion in the middle of a main aisle -- and usually takes about an hour for my blood pressure to fall back into a normal range.
      Seriously!

I've already told my teenage boys that if they ever see me heading to Wal-Mart for the SOLE purpose of socializing (as so many ppl in WalMart seem to do), they have permission to put me away.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Once I real my goal weight, bf and I are celebrating by going to Coldstone. I'm surprised this little piss ant part of Wisconsin has one.

But Coldstone is definetly just a treat place. Nowhere you should go very often, not at prices like that.

I haven't had ice cream in like 4 months. But I'm doing ok. I really can't have it right now.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Kopp's frozen custard. Specifically chocolate chip cookie dough.

Their hamburgers are as big as my head, but whenever I stop in there, I make room for the custard anyway.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth IHateStupidCustomers View Post
            No kidding. Cold Stone is WAY expensive.

And Cherry Cordial ice cream is totally the best flavor ever.
            Mmmm.... I had some of that a while back. Soooo tasty.

They didn't have any the last time, so I'm making do with just cherry vanilla.

Quoth wagegoth View Post
            Best ice cream ever was homemade with peaches from our neighbor's trees.

There is nothing you can buy in a store that will EVER match that.
            Well... unless you can't stand the flavor of peaches...

Quoth computeraide View Post
            Is it just me or does anyone else have a pet peeve about people who take all of a single flavor from the carton of neopolitan? You open the container and you have vanilla and chocolate but the strawberry is nothing more than a pathetic veneer of pink stuck to the other flavor(s)!!
            Gah! That drives me nuts! If you only want one freaking flavor, get a carton of just that flavor and leave the Neapolitan alone!

We had, for a while, a Marble Slab Creamery at the local mall. It was pretty much a Coldstone knockoff, but it was delicious without being quite so ridiculously priced.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              Once I real my goal weight, bf and I are celebrating by going to Coldstone. I'm surprised this little piss ant part of Wisconsin has one.

But Coldstone is definetly just a treat place. Nowhere you should go very often, not at prices like that.

I haven't had ice cream in like 4 months. But I'm doing ok. I really can't have it right now.
              Check out the Weight Watcher ice cream cups.

I can't speak for the other flavors, but the mint chocolate chip is to DIE for (CHOCOLATE!!)!!!

Skinny Cow ice cream cones are also really good (but hard to find for me).

Both taste really good and not "diety". Both are about two points.
              SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
              SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

I totally second the Weight Watchers ice creams, they are the best and I wouldn't survive my diet without them.

They have cookies and cream, coffee, caramel swirl, chocolate swirl, chocolate and the ever popular mint chocolate just to name a few.
                I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

I never liked Neopolitan, something about the combo, bleah. But my mom would ALWAYS buy that. I just bought some ice cream cups for my kids (yeah right), with the little wooden spoon. Mmm.

Comment

Since we're in the battle of the ice creams.......Handel's. Primarily NE Ohio region but is spreading. Ice cream is made fresh each day at each location. Exclusive base, chocolate flavor, butter-roasted pecans......

My uncle owns one of the first stores, and I knew the founder when I was a munchkin. It was my first job, and I worked at another store as recently as 4 years ago (my poor wrist!).

I LIVE for the fresh peach ice cream every year - although the coconut cream pie, butter fudge almond, dulce de leche, pumpkin ripple.......etc aren't shabby either! And the butter pecan and chocolate pecan is what the store is known for.

Shania Twain, Pat Bennetar, Reba, Bill Cosby have all been known to stop by or have it shipped to them. Oh, and Ben & Jerry - THE Ben and Jerry loved it too. Said they're glad that we don't sell in grocery stores.

Damnit, now I need some good ice cream.

Despite about 4 years total working there, I do not remember one SC story. Lots of amazing/favorite customer ones though.

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
                      <whole quote>
                      Sounds good. Hopefully they spread down to SW Ohio.

But then they'll have to fight it out with Young's Dairy, and they're pretty dang good too. And you can play mini golf while eating.

Oh, and I know Coldstone is expensive, and for treat occasions. The one near us has a lady who works there who may be an ice cream goddess though. She does an above and beyond job making the stuff. We've mentioned that they should have a sign out front (like the donut shop 'fresh' sign) that could announce when she's working the table.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                        Best ice cream ever was homemade with peaches from our neighbor's trees.

There is nothing you can buy in a store that will EVER match that.
                        My parents always made home-made peach ice cream, except it was really ice milk, no cream in it. Ugh. I came to hate the stuff and was always wanting them to make some other flavor like chocolate or vanilla. They always made peach because the peaches were free from my grandparents' farm. I didn't realize it was ice milk until I was grown and had my own ice cream freezer. When the batch I made didn't become a block of flavored ice in the freezer afterwards, I knew the difference. They always bought ice milk in the store too, not ice cream. I haven't seen ice milk in the stores for many years, but then I haven't been looking for it. (I checked Wikipedia. Ice milk was renamed low-fat ice cream in 1994.)

These days I prefer vanilla, and always get Ben & Jerry's. When I feel like a special treat, I get the Cherry Gracia. Yum!

I also like Carvels and Dairy Queen soft serve. I cannot bring myself to fork over Cold Stone's prices.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Great now I want some Blue Moon.

The only place I know of that has any decent Blue moon is 350 miles North.
                          Is it just me or does every office supply store smell like toner and burnt happiness?

Comment

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
                            I haven't seen much other (almost any other) white chocolate ice cream. It's good stuff.
                            Ben & Jerry's Baked Alaska has white chocolate polar bears in it.
                            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                              Ben & Jerry's Baked Alaska has white chocolate polar bears in it.
                              I love baked alaska. I haven't had one in ages. I'll have to try the Ben & Jerry's version. (Although it is not on their web site, I did find other references to it.)
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X