This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
    Start keeping a stack of applications at your register. When someone complains that you need another line open hand them one.
    ... Can't.

F*cking Five S rules...
    We can't have anything extraneous at our registers. The only register that can have applications at it is usually unmanned. And that register is too far to just up and wander to when I get any sort of line.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      I used to hear "You need to open more registers" all the time during really busy times at Wal-Mart. It would really be bad during late October through mid January. I mean, how could we possibly open MORE registers when every single register that we had WAS open??
      Never in all my life have I been to a Wal-Mart that had every register open.

Never.

That is a sight I would like to see.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Seasonal stems are a pain in my ass! >.< we keep them at the end of every flower aisle so they are up front and I'll admit it may be hard to tell where seasonal ends for customers. Usually I just point out that the tags have the names on them and that ends it. But all to often people come in and can't figure out that not all the stems are from the same line, even when I show them the tags.

SC: Is this on sale?
        Me: no
        SC: Is this on sale?
        Me: no
        SC: is thi-
        Me: look at the tags!
        SC: Oh....Is this on sale?
        ME: *sigh*

And of course when they line is backed up I'll get people telling me that I need to put someone else on register. Even when I explain the simple fact that by the time someone counted on they'd be gone anyway, they still don't get it.
        wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
        ----
        Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          Never in all my life have I been to a Wal-Mart that had every register open.

Never.

That is a sight I would like to see.
          I saw it the saturday before christmas

I worked after all the crazy sales were over on black friday

Comment

Working...
          X