This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazycake SC Before Coffee

Is it a full moon or something because we had unimaginable weirdness in our customers today at Flowers-O-Suck!

One of our competitors is running a radio ad for a dozen roses with free shipping for 29 bucks so we had people calling up demanding we match that price. We never match competitors sales ads for things like that because it's not even remotely possible to do. Try explaining to people all day long that the 29 dollar deal is only on substandard sized short or medium stemmed roses shipping a box with no vase and we don't carry anything below premium long stemmed in a vase. Our price is our price regardless of whatever the competition runs.

But that wasn't what made today a big old batch of crazycakes, it was a few of the callers that just kept on calling over and over.

Crazycake #1 - When asked for her credit card number started blubbering and crying that she was homeless, working three jobs and her daughter wouldn't speak to her because she's suing her ex husband. She immediately started demanding from each of us to know what she should do.

Crazycake #2 - Called something like 15 times, seemed perfectly normal until, you guessed it, you got to the credit card number, then she dissolved into rants about how her house was possessed with demons and that the demons made mold grow on the furniture and how she was going to move to another country.

Crazycake #3 - Kept calling to order and demanding only to give her order to a 'non-Caucasian' before going off into a long rant about slavery and demons and white folks.

I'm ready for a drink!
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

I'm thinking you might want to make your coffee irish after that day.
    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Scotch okay or would you like some Vodka?
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Scotch okay or would you like some Vodka?
        What? No rum?

And wow, what a day. Although, after long enough, nothing really surprises you anymore.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
          What? No rum?

And wow, what a day. Although, after long enough, nothing really surprises you anymore.
          Sorry, we burned it.
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

LOL Hey, some flowers might just be what they need to brighten up the ol' padded room.
            wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
            ----
            Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
              Sorry, we burned it.
              Well I still have my bottle thankfully, plus my whiskey...and the hubby's vodka...and...

When did I turn into a bar? Oh right when I got pregnant and stopped drinking and having a social life.
              "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Quoth Mamadrae View Post
                Well I still have my bottle thankfully, plus my whiskey...and the hubby's vodka...and...

When did I turn into a bar? Oh right when I got pregnant and stopped drinking and having a social life.
                *Slaps Head* I totally set you(or anyone who quoted me) up to quote Pirates of the Caribbean right there.
                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Even better than a drink: this takes some prep, but it's totally worth it.

Take fresh summer fruit (I use strawberries, peaches, and plums) and clean and slice it. Put some into a glass jar with sugar, equal in weight to the fruit. Now cover all of that with rum--I like Bacardi, but Captain Morgan's works equally well. Put a lid on the jar and shake it gently every few days to keep the sugar from settling out--you should only need to do this 2 or 3 times.

Wait 3-6 months(gotta wait for the rum to work into the fruit and the fruit juice to infuse the rum).

Put a few spoonfuls of fruit and liquer over ice cream. Makes allllll the troubles of the day melt away, trust me.

I would offer you some of mine, but...um..well, I had a couple of REALLY hard weeks there, and....it's all gone.
                  "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

The maceration/infusion process also works very well with vodka and almonds.

Then when it's done, you strain out the almonds and roll them in powdered sugar. Have the syrop on ice cream or better yet pound cake. Feed the almonds to your friends and watch them get stupid.

Comment

Reminds me of a drink the owner of a bar I frequent brought back from the Carribeans. In a 5L barrel, there was something like 2kg of strawberries, with quite a large quantity of cinnamon sticks and a bunch of vanilla pods. The whole thing had been bathing in home made brown rum for months.

I'm pretty sure he shouldn't have been selling this stuff, and technically, he didn't sell much of it. The best part wasn't the drink itself though, but when he emptied the barrel, he took the cinnamon sticks and vanilla pods out of the strawberries, which had long turned brown.

I ate no less than 2 and a half cinnamon sticks, which the rum had turned soft and munchy, like I would have ate a Twix. I was quite cheerful on the way home.
                      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                      X