Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC: I JUST DIED! IS THAT NOT EXTENUATING?!?!? I AM DEAD. CANCEL THIS DAMN RESERVATION
    Oh fuck.

I think I would've just started laughing.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yeah...sarcasm roll failed on that one. I'm afraid I'd have either sat there in silence while I contemplated that one, or just hung up. I mean, they're dead, so...it's not against the rules to hang up on them, right?
      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth dekydrose View Post
        Me: Well, if there were extenuating circumstances, I could request from the hotel they consider cancelling without penalty...however..

SC: Like death?

Me: Yes...if there was an immediate death in the family, we could request that from the hotel but..

SC: Fine. I had a death, Cancel the reservation.

Me: Sir....you stated at the beginning of the call that your plans had changed...

SC: Well life is fragile...there's been a death...cancel my reservation

Me: Again, sir, we can not cancel without penalty. I would reccomend you contact the hotel yourself directly and discuss this with them...

SC: I JUST DIED! IS THAT NOT EXTENUATING?!?!? I AM DEAD. CANCEL THIS DAMN RESERVATION
        You could have asked him to have the executor of his estate send you a copy of his death certificate. Once you had that, you could cancel the reservation.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

You know, I saw the comic for this... and I'd like to point out, there is a slight problem... there was a coffee machine in the background... that call center doesn't care enough about the employees to even have a working water dispenser... you think they'd provide the employees coffee...? otherwise I think the comic did a good job of describing our little corner of hell and what we have (or in my case had) to deal with.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            Am I the only one who feels encouraged by the fact that there IS suck after death?!!!
            SZ (Sucky Zombie): "Why is my arm falling off? I've been waiting for three hundred years for help here!"
            Possibly the only time it would be appropriate to take a shotgun to a sucky customer.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Maybe you should forward this story to Max Brooks.
              Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Perhaps my mind is firmly in the gutter but am I the only one that *ahem* thought sheldon was referring to another type of suck?

"So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                  Perhaps my mind is firmly in the gutter but am I the only one that *ahem* thought sheldon was referring to another type of suck?

No, given Sheldon's history, you're right where he meant the comment.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth dekydrose View Post
                    SC: I JUST DIED! IS THAT NOT EXTENUATING?!?!?
                    <a-HEM!> "Are you not ENTERTAINED?"
                    </no clue what that's from, but it floated through her head>
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      <a-HEM!> "Are you not ENTERTAINED?"
                      </no clue what that's from, but it floated through her head>
                      Google indicates it's from Gladiator.
                      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                      X