X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    That's the only stupid male I can think of
    Unless she took out a withdrawal at the local sperm bank.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      Manly jobs like cowboy, construction worker, police officer, indian warrior, motorcycle gang member and soldier. Look at their picture if you don't believe me.
      Or steel mill worker..
      Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

So is it really wrong of me that as a female I ordered a copy of essays by Gloria Steinham just to read the article she wrote about working at one of the Playboy Club's? (sorry I just see a lot of irony in my personal logic sometimes)

No one has a right to throw something at someone attempting to do their job when no threat has been made. (sorry if your job is wrestler/ boxer/ ultimate fighter etc. it does null and void that)

I am glad to see a mega store manager stand up for/ back an employee. Give her a Choclate Martini.

Comment

I semi-call shenanigans on "feminist" lady. It seems like this might have been pre-planned to try and get a male work so mad he attacked the woman. The she could cry discrimination against a "feminist" from a huge corporation and collect her payday. She got her ass served to her on a platter instead. Thats how I see it. I can't imagine someone acting like this all the time. But I'm sure I could be wrong.

Well played by all. Keep you cool get the manager and hopefully get the cops (wish the manager got the cops sooner).

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Just makes you wish for a customer trap door to a piranha pool, doesn't it?
            Or ill-tempered mutated sea bass.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Angry_Hippie View Post
              I semi-call shenanigans on "feminist" lady. It seems like this might have been pre-planned to try and get a male work so mad he attacked the woman. The she could cry discrimination against a "feminist" from a huge corporation and collect her payday. She got her ass served to her on a platter instead. Thats how I see it. I can't imagine someone acting like this all the time. But I'm sure I could be wrong.

Well played by all. Keep you cool get the manager and hopefully get the cops (wish the manager got the cops sooner).
              Um... AH... I hate to break it to you... but they really do exist. Sad, but true.
              They even come in several flavors, from the asexual, snotty, superior ice-bitches that are Feminazis to the counterpart to the Chauvinistic Pig, the Raging Bull Dyke.
              Last edited by JustADude; 07-18-2008, 11:24 AM.
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                And that would've been spectacular fail on the woman's part. If you're ever up for an interesting read, look up the case of John/Joan, and Dr. John Money. Short version? Boy and his twin brother get taken to the hospital at a young age because they're having trouble urinating. One of the boys gets his crotch burned, badly, while being circumcised, so the parents decide he'll be better off growing up as a girl, and thanks to Dr John Money's insistence, and therapy he offered, the poor kid grows up dressed female, mentally male, and screwed up beyond belief. Dr. Money was a psychotic jackass who was basically abusing the poor kid, trying to prove that gender is a function of the body offered to it. No such luck. Joan (the name given to the case study for the girl...) grows up, and, upon hitting adulthood, gets told the truth, and immediately gets her sex changed back.
                Quoth draftermatt View Post
                That was an episode of Law & Order SVU. Only the kids waited till the "girl" looked like the "boy" (they were identical) then they murdered the doctor.
                That one, *Points to Law&Order* Prompted a whole week of Trans-gendered stories about John/Joan and also, I believe, a season show of what it's like to switch genders for 6 months. I liked that show. Wanted to see it again. I watch the John/Joan story every time it comes on (I'm just lucky like that). When I was in school there was a kid who had a crew cut and wore dresses. Since the kid wasn't in my class I didn't know his/her gender, but he/she didn't look to be an outcast or anything.

Edited to add: Mom's in my head and won't let me leave the wording alone: ARE, not IS. ARE. Men ARE stupid, not men IS stupid (....HEY!). It's like the whole Shrimp Is Back! campaign that Huddle House had.
                Also adding: Men aren't stupid....stop looking at me like that.
                Last edited by RetailWorkhorse; 07-18-2008, 02:48 PM. Reason: Grammer-Nazi in my head, LEAVE ME ALONE, MOM!
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  Apparently for some people equality = I'm better than you.
                  We're all equal here, but some of us are more equal than others.
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

REading these forums makes me sometimes WANT to meet up with these people... But prison doesn't sound like fun.. so I'll pass if I may...

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                      I cringe to think what would have happened if she had had a son??
                      Ditto!

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Manly jobs like cowboy, construction worker, police officer, indian warrior, motorcycle gang member and soldier. Look at their picture if you don't believe me.
                        Actually, only Filipe Rose, the Indian & Randy Jones (the original cowboy) were gay. Even Glen Hughes (R.I.P.) - the original leather man - was straight.

Village People were designed as gay stereotypes by Jacques Morialis.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                          And, color me crazy, but, if said woman is claiming to be a feminist, and thus, equal rights for women (at least in her head), shouldn't OP have the same right to throw things at her? Not that I'm suggesting it, of course, but... just sayin'...
                          Being a fairly liberal (/liberated) woman, I believe in true equality. Therefore I know that if I am stupid enough to throw a punch (unprovoked) at a guy, that I am very likely to have one come right back to me. I try to avoid being stupid.
                          "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                            That was an episode of Law & Order SVU.
                            Caught the last ten minutes of that episode, and then wondered what the hell had happened. But the Jon/Joan story happened in... the 70's? I think... trust me, L&O got the idea for their story from it.
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth code-monkey View Post
                              On a serious note though if she considers herself so much "superior" surely the intelligent thing to do would have been to go to a register that wasn't being run by a bloke?
                              Oh no, that would never do. She has an overwhelming compulsion to prove, on a moment to moment basis, that men are scum and women are superior. It wouldn't be much of a scene if she picked a female cashier and didn't make a fuss, now would it? It's like the 'God Warriors'. It's not enough to HAVE a belief, you have to make sure that the entire world knows in detail what it is, even when they don't want to. And anyone who doesn't share your belief is automatically sexist/damned/crazy/etc.

This is why when I go out, it's usually into the woods with my dog. If I run into people like that, it could get loud and messy. I has opinions, I does, and if you force me to make them public I won't be polite about it.
                              What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                                SCD throws a Universal remote at me, I use my secret ninja skills to catch it with my eye.
                                Me: Ow!
                                SC: You're too stupid to catch things tooo.. GET WE A WOMAN ASSHOLE!< Now SCD throws a DVD set, which catches me in the face.
                                Hmm... something tells me this customer gets a Chuck Norris Special. Since violence isn't condoned here. I've brought in a special guest commentator. (Disclaimer: Chuck Norris has a deep and abiding respect for human life... unless it gets in his way.)

Chuck Norris comes from the back.

SC: I wanted a woman manager!
                                CN: Five.
                                SC: What? What are you talking about.
                                CN: How many seconds before you're the next contestant of "Who wants a Roundhouse Kick to the Face?" It's my new reality show.
                                Last edited by Broomjockey; 07-24-2008, 12:19 AM. Reason: quote edit

Comment

Working...
                                X