This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth TheSilentOne View Post
    ."Entitlement whores" is what my roommate calls them, which is the perfect word.
    do you happen to work for (evil telecom with downtown office)?

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    i take it your roommate has been here before
    if his answer to that one is yes, then yes his roommate has been on this site for quite a while

eta, TSO, don't forget to feed my cat while I'm out of town... thanks.
    Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 08-11-2008, 11:01 PM.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      Most of the Ph.Ds I know hate being called 'doctor'. On the other hand, all the M.Ds I know (except for one) insist on it. I wonder if this is indicative of some personality trait common to medical doctors or Ph.Ds?
      I'm still deciding if I want to go all the way for a Ph. D but I have already decided if I do get one I don't really care if people call me Dr or not. In fact I probably would prefer not to be

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
        I'm still deciding if I want to go all the way for a Ph. D but I have already decided if I do get one I don't really care if people call me Dr or not. In fact I probably would prefer not to be
        I'm debating a doctorate in Pharmacy, and gosh dang it, if I have to suffer through all the calculus, microbiology, and chemistry, people better be calling me "Doctor."
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
          The biggest problem I had was with lawyers pulling the "I'll Sue" card out of their arse anytime they weren't getting the special treatment, ie: having to wait a couple of days like everyone else. I'd stand my ground but as soon as they went to the owners, they'd get whatever they want.
          Next time they threaten to sue, tell them you'll report them to the bar association for ethical misconduct and/or bringing the legal profession into disrepute.

Threatening to sue someone for not giving you what you don't deserve and are not entitled to is a no-no as far as the bar association is concerned and each year they like to spank one or two jerks to keep the rest in line.

If nothing else, you're signaling you're not someone to be fucked with.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            My husband is a doctor. He is a Ph.D. He gets embarrassed when my mom sends us things in the mail addressed to Dr. & Mrs. Khouri.

Most of the Ph.Ds I know hate being called 'doctor'. On the other hand, all the M.Ds I know (except for one) insist on it. I wonder if this is indicative of some personality trait common to medical doctors or Ph.Ds?
            At the college I went to, only MDs were called Doctor.

Everyone else was just Mr. or Ms. Not even Professor.

Big-name universities tend to be very casual about titles.

It's the chuckleheads trying to impress/intimidate the civilians who throw around titles and degrees.

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
              Wow, it was The Doctor? Did he let you take a ride in the Tardis?
              Alas, no. Didn't even offer me a jelly baby.

Comment

Quoth Auto View Post
                It's the chuckleheads trying to impress/intimidate the civilians who throw around titles and degrees.
                I agree 100% there. It just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. I'm working toward a double major with a Bachelors in Education focusing on Language Arts, and a BA in English with a focus on writing. So if I do go for my Doctorate I can count on tons and tons and tons of research and writing. But even after all that work if someone doesn't call me Dr I really truly don't think I will care.

Comment

Working...
                X