This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
    Caller: I WANT you to FIND me THAT ONE! But you CAN'T! 'Cause you're an IDIOT! So... (SLAM-CLICK!)
    Uh I think not. It just amazes me how once the store runs out of the SC's item they want they go into angry 3 year old mode, even with all the other options laid out for them.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Yeah but nine times out of then there are no other options when a big-ticket item on sale is sold out. And they're usually unhelpful about getting it too. I had to play hell in getting a shed for $179 at Home Depot. It was on display with a sales tag outside but they had none. Could they hold one for me when it comes in even if I offered to put a deposit on it? Nope. Could they do rain checks? Nope. Could they even call me? Nope. I had to spend about two weeks calling them and asking if they had any in. Finally when they did I had to hurry on my lunch break to be one of the first ones to get one. I had to rush over right after work to be ready to lug one out. Two weeks and ten pulled back muscles later I finally had that packaged bastard in my backyard ready to put it together. I had just moved here and I had no shed and couldn't afford to pay a grand for a new one.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        first, I think I've figured out where you work, do you happen to work in <Sweet Tasting Domicile Neighborhood>?

oh and do you still have one of those with a gig more for only $40 more in stock... I seriously might consider that depending on how hard it is to find the software I need for school in Mac version.
        Mm, nope. You might have the store right, but I'm not working in that area. Though I might move there in the near future if I get this new job I've been interviewing for (pleasepleaseplease!). I "adjust" the details in my posts just enough to keep myself comfortably obscure.

And, no, sorry. We'd sold out of that one by the time you'd posted this question. We have some even better deals this week, though, if you hurry.
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          first, I think I've figured out where you work, do you happen to work in <Sweet Tasting Domicile Neighborhood>?
          Oh dear, I should not know what you mean, but I do. That was golden.

Back on topic: When will people learn that being nice and not being a newly-minted brat about things will get you far closer to what you wanted? An extra gig of RAM will cost far more than $40 dollars later on.
          Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 08-25-2008, 09:57 AM. Reason: clarity
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
            Oh dear, I should not know what you mean, but I do. That was golden.
            thank you *bows* I actually worked on that for about 5 minutes before thinking of the best way to say it.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
              Sorry, no floppy drive (though I do have some externals that work rather nicely), and it's running Vista Home Premium. I was pondering a possible purchase of that model myself (I'd prefer XP, but I can live with Vista), but I'm broke.
              Well, poop. Ah, well. I don't need a third computer anyways (I'm counting my dead laptop and the computer EQ's building for me as my two computers).
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
              X