X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    Immune

SC: “Sorry if my voice is hoarse. I’ve been up all night reading my mail.”

I’d make fun of you but I don’t think anything I say could possibly make your existence any sadder then you’ve already revealed. My pitiful verbal barbs would not be able to penetrate the dull haze of failure and sadness that already hangs around you. So congratulations, you are perhaps one of the few people walking this earth whom I cannot bring harm upon. For the dark shroud that hangs off your shoulders, smothering all light and happiness, is proof against my venomous fangs.
    I did something similar not once, but twice. I had to call down to the office of the property manager because our fridge decided to go to fridge heaven.

Me: Yeah, our fridge isn't keeping things warm anymore.

Her:....

Me: Do you think you could have maintance swing by and fix it?

Her: OH! You mean it's not keeping things cold.

Me: Yes, sorry about that.

I have done that TWICE! but to be fair it was early in the morning and I hadn't had coffee yet. I promise, I'm not as stupid as my calls sounded.
    Last edited by Misanthropical; 10-27-2008, 01:58 PM.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
      From NCIS: "Love is never having to read her her Miranda rights." (I think that's Shangrila's Child's siggy now).

Wait-a-minute - shouldn't that be Article 31's instead of Miranda? hm.
      Well it's very important advice! And I'm not sure what the difference between the two is.

As for vanilla chai....I admit nothing.
      Hm. I wonder if it's the same reason I smell like vanilla chai.
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Mr GK... love the pig analogy...but I have to ask... just how long does it take to come up with those things??? (and what's the mental imagery you reject before you type... )

Also - Uncle Vick... why not just tell him that those people who have been watching over him are actually keeping him safe from the bad guys? They are under strict instructions not to talk to him, because that would mean they were interfering - which is strictly forbidden. If those guys interfere, then the bad guys would be allowed to as well... Now - go back to the spaceship design. They'll be back to you when the plans are fully done, and they'll contact you via an inscription on a banana.

Just might get him to leave you alone.... (presuming you want him to... after all, he does give such entertainment..)
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
          Hm. I wonder if it's the same reason I smell like vanilla chai.
          Maybe, maybe not...

Quoth Slytovhand
          Mr GK... love the pig analogy...but I have to ask... just how long does it take to come up with those things??? (and what's the mental imagery you reject before you type... )
          I set aside writing time per shift. I have to give myself ample time to formulate my hatred. I always have to figure out what I can get away with, hehe. Which leads to odd conversations with the floor manager like:

Me: "Hey, do you know what freeballing means?"
          FM: "...what? No...."
          Me: "Hmm, hey CW, do you know what freeballing means?"
          CW: "......hahahaha"
          Me: "Ok, good."

Uncle Vick has been calling almost every night around the same time. He's becoming a regular. He's been at it for two weeks now and he's usually the first call I get when I come on shift. ><

Comment

Me: "Hey, do you know what freeballing means?"
            FM: "...what? No...."
            I thought everyone knew what freeballing was...

or is it just me.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
              is you can't just read the post, you have to read the posts after. Thank you all btw. Now i have a mental picture of GK wearing Retail work horse's underpants (it is written in black magic marker on the tush) holding a kitty and stroking the cat with a head set on in an igloo. proof I have not had enough sleep.
              .....that would have to be a fairly tight squeeze.

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              I thought everyone knew what freeballing was...

or is it just me.
              Haven't a clue, care to enlighten me?
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                Haven't a clue, care to enlighten me?
                unless I'm mistaken it's the same as going commando...

Comment

Yup

Maybe, maybe not...
                  If I'm right, then you are correct on the smelling good thing
                  "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Oh.......*Snickers*

Oh, dammit, suddenly I have "Free Falling" in my head and it's coming out as "Freeballing".

Yes, I'm screwed up. Why do you ask?
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I can always count on you for blunt honesty
                      Well, duh. It is one of my more endearing and notable characteristics.

That being said, it's not your fault. As you noted, and I agree, you really just didn't have much material to work with. And frankly, I appreciate you not making up filler just to make the post better. I appreciate YOUR honesty in only posting the shit that happens to you. It would be easy to do otherwise. One of many reasons I respect you, sir.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                        Oh.......*Snickers*

Oh, dammit, suddenly I have "Free Falling" in my head and it's coming out as "Freeballing".

Yes, I'm screwed up. Why do you ask?
                        I just did one worse... I just had the though, gee I wonder what the music video to that would be

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
                          If I'm right, then you are correct on the smelling good thing
                          Yes, it does smell delicious, doesn't it?

Quoth Jester
                          One of many reasons I respect you, sir.
                          and back at you for the being honest with your opinion. Plus, always saying exactly what I'm about to on every Off Topic thread. =p

I have enough crap at work without needing to make stuff up, hehe.

Quoth RetailWorkhorse
                          That IS a song. Thats where I originally learned the term years and years ago. >.>

Comment

Yes, it does smell delicious, doesn't it?
                            One of the better vanilla smells for sure (though I tend to like them all)

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                              From NCIS: "Love is never having to read her her Miranda rights." (I think that's Shangrila's Child's siggy now).

Wait-a-minute - shouldn't that be Article 31's instead of Miranda? hm.
                              I'm not familiar with the episode. (I'm a VERY late convert to NCIS, and I've just started working my way through the DVDs)

However, Article 31 rights only cover military personnel. Miranda rights cover all civilians, even civilian government workers.
                              "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
                                I'm not familiar with the episode. (I'm a VERY late convert to NCIS, and I've just started working my way through the DVDs)
                                It's in season 5

Comment

Working...
                                X