This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
    ...One wonders..... How... did.... they...call.... In the first place.
    Not at all tough. They could be using a friend's phone, or a payphone.

I once got in an argument with the phone company when our home phone got disconnected years ago in Tempe. It went something like this.

JESTER: "Hi, yeah, I am calling because our phone got disconnected, and we don't feel it should have been."
    PHONE DRONE: "Is there a number we can call you back at?"
    JESTER: "Um.....no.....my phone is disconnected. Y'all disconnected it. That is why I'm calling."
    PHONE DRONE: "Okay. I'll see what I can do. This may take a while. Is there a number we can call you at."

Rinse, lather, repeat. It was tragically comic.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

SC: “Ok, Fox!”
      Me: “….what?”

DO A BARREL ROLL.
      At least it wasn't "Hey!" and "Listen!"
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        I’m beginning to suspect the terms “Mom” and “Sis” are interchangeable in your household.

This kid is your nephew and your son, isn't he?

SC: “Cus I swear on my sister’s grave I’ll pay fer it!”
        You have my condolences on the passing of your wife.
        Erm, Gravekeeper, you're severely understating in inbreeding of your callers. I checked ancestry.co.ca for 867 and they can only find 15 different people in the last 10 generations. The family group sheet looks like a cats cradle.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          I checked ancestry.co.ca for 867 and they can only find 15 different people in the last 10 generations. The family group sheet looks like a cats cradle.
          That's severely unkind. The area makes Siberia look easy to get to. I highly doubt that genealogists have taken the time to go literally to the middle of nowhere to find material to put on a website. Mocking the individual callers is fine, but the entire area is out of line.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Ancestry.* may only have individuals that other people have somehow linked to/mentioned.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              That's severely unkind. The area makes Siberia look easy to get to. I highly doubt that genealogists have taken the time to go literally to the middle of nowhere to find material to put on a website. Mocking the individual callers is fine, but the entire area is out of line.
              Sorry. I should have phrased it "... found your family of callers from 867 ..."

I have cousins here in Callao, Utah that got telephones in the mid '70s & electricity ten years later. Still 40+ miles down gravel roads to get there.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                How the hell do these people call you?
                Probably using somebody else's phone

Comment

Working...
                X