Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've probably ruined people's Christmases... literally ... but no one's really said it to my face ...

That's because I work in a pawn shop, so there are ways a Christmas could be ruined ...

But basically it boils down to the customers' irresponsibility ...
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Panigg View Post
      It's called consoling!

consoling - to throw a console at someones head.
      Loving it!!
      "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        I've participated in ruining Christmases by ushering people out of the store because the closing announcement went off 10 minutes ago but there's still somebody wandering around like they have all freaking day.
        Yeah; that always used to get on my nerves when I worked in the supermarket. I had several occasions of ruining Christmas, apparently, for daring to close down my till at the end of trading. One woman yelled at me and said she was going to stand right there on the end of my till til I opened back up. I just sent my money up, locked the till and walked away... Wonder how long she was standing there?
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Way back when I worked at Blockbuster I did, in conjunction in with my friend/co-worker. Christmas Eve, about 6-ish. We had sold out of gift cards earlier in the day (they sold like mad that year, all denominations. It was weird, man). Woman comes in and asks for gift cards. We tell her we're out, sorry. She spins around and starts stomping out the door. My friend, who is a sweet, sympathetic type, says hopefully, "Merry Christmas!"

Woman stops. Turns around. "Yeah, right! You just ruined my Christmas!" Flounces out the door.

My friend:

Me:
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I ruined a couple of Christmases because I couldn't pull extra wire ornament hooks out of my ass after the final shipment of them was gone. Other Christmases were ruined because we didn't have a particular toy in stock on Christmas Eve.
            Last edited by ADoyle90815; 12-02-2008, 01:42 AM.

Comment

I ruined Christmas in 2005 by closing the gas station early so I could go home and have dinner with my family and spend time with them.

I'd been given permission to close the store as early as I wanted, so long as it was dead. There was a lull in customers, and I took that opportunity.....unfortunately, at the very moment I decided to make a break for turning off the lights (bad choice, should have locked the doors first, THEN lights off), car after car after car after car pulled up into the parking lot, even though the store was pitch black I had to chase them all away, once I finally got rid of them and locked the door, people still kept coming and coming and coming and it took me twice as long to do my paperwork and count the till because people wouldn't quit trying to get gas or open the doors and people were banging on the windows.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth ADoyle90815 View Post
                I couldn't pull extra wire ornament hooks out of my ass
                No offense, but the mental image that line brought to my head looks REALLY painful.

Have people not ever heard of paperclips? Half of my parents' ornaments were hung with them.
                "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  Arbor Day???? What'd you do, tell the woman to go shove a tree where the sun doesn't shine?
                  She wanted a tree from our parking lot. (yes really) Now those tree aren't the property of WM, any more than they are are the property of any of the other stores in the plaza but no, she wanted a tree. And by refusing to let her grab one, i ruined her class' arbor day. (she was a teacher)

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                    Unfortunately I'm not in the position to ruin anyones Christmas.
                    Me either, Valentine's or Easter maybe.

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    I've dealt with plenty of customers who were pissed cuz I couldn't get what they wanted or cuz we had the audacity to close the store at night, but I've never actually been accused of "ruining" a Christmas.

I feel sad.

I get my share of SC's who get pissed that their overnight or instant refund loan was declined. Like I can fix their credit history.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

This is not so much of a X-mas story as it is a waiting-til-the-last-minute story.

I worked very briefly as the "counter girl" for a dry cleaning chain. I had this guy come in on a Thurs morning not long after we opened and handed me a claim ticket for some dress shirts. Right away I knew there was gonna be a problem. We had "2-day after 5pm" turnaround and he dropped his stuff off on Tuesday. This meant the shirts would most likely not be in until that evening. I checked the inventory anyways, because stuff did occasionally come in from the plant early, but of course no shirts.

When I explained that to him he was like "What do you mean, the ticket says Thursday." I show him the ticket very clearly says "Thursday after 5pm."

Then he gets all pissy and half-yells "I leave for a business trip in 2 hours and I NEED THOSE SHIRTS." I apologized he didn't have his shirts but emphasized that he was too early and the store hadn't made a mistake.

I did bite my tongue on retorting "Well if the shirts were that important, you would have dropped them off earlier..."

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        Wow, so many people ruining Christmas... we should make a social group. XD
                        Edited for suggestiveness.

Rapscallion

Comment

This may sound like a dumb question; but how do I do that? ^^;;
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'm a little late to this party, however I've ruined more christmases than I care to think of.

I used to work at <The Chemists> and sold hair straighteners (sp?). Towards the end of the buying season we would sell out, my shelves were empty as I was responsible for the selling of the stock and replenishing it. However every single one of these damn straigteners were sold and you couldn't get hold of them for love nor money.

In the space of about 6 hours I ruined at least four peoples Christmas just with that one product!
                            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I didn't actually ruin Christmas, but there was a couple turned up at the cinema at 8pm on Christmas eve, asking, 'Are there any films on?' I told them we were closing early because it was Christmas and they left.
                              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                                I'm a little late to this party, however I've ruined more christmases than I care to think of.

I used to work at <The Chemists> and sold hair straighteners (sp?). Towards the end of the buying season we would sell out, my shelves were empty as I was responsible for the selling of the stock and replenishing it. However every single one of these damn straigteners were sold and you couldn't get hold of them for love nor money.

In the space of about 6 hours I ruined at least four peoples Christmas just with that one product!
                                A bit off topic but....
                                I quite using my damn hair strightener.I have native american in me and my hair is course and dry anyways.I had to cut my dead hair off. I've never ruin christmas but I've ruin peoples day closing on time.

Comment

Working...
                                X