This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jack Doe View Post
    I beg to differ! That water based chemical concoction with the dried out crunch marshmellows is indeed "Hot Chocolate." And yes, it tastes like ass. Real, quality chocolate, melted and blended with warm, sweet milk with real Stay-Pufft marshmellows? That is "Hot Cocoa" and is a vastly superior drink (so much so that the unwashed masses freak the heavenly fuck out when they actually try some.)
    I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't Hot Chocolate. I use that stuff at home, but I use milk instead of water.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth Jack Doe View Post
      I beg to differ! That water based chemical concoction with the dried out crunch marshmellows is indeed "Hot Chocolate." And yes, it tastes like ass. Real, quality chocolate, melted and blended with warm, sweet milk with real Stay-Pufft marshmellows? That is "Hot Cocoa" and is a vastly superior drink (so much so that the unwashed masses freak the heavenly fuck out when they actually try some.)
      I need to get me a decent recipe for that type. The ones I've found so far aren't very good, IMO. Although I do like keeping a jar of the "powdered milk and baking cocoa" kind for in a pinch.
      Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
        . But I do love me some Starbucks peppermint hot chocolate. Lately I've been into hot apple cider, but no one sells that. Just the powder packets at the grocery store.
        Now you're making me very thirsty . . . peppermint hot chocolate is absolutely to die for

Hot apple cider is also good . . . does anyone have a good recipe for either one so I don't have to pay a small fortune at SB?
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

As someone who is lactose-intolerant, I prefer my hot chocolate to not have milk in it. Also I've never enjoyed the flavor of warmed milk.

Maybe that was his excuse? or not....

Don't get me wrong, I love NICE hot cocoa... it just doesn't love me
          Cats are like greatness, Some are born into cat-loving families, some achieve cats and some have cats thrust upon them...

Comment

Hot chocolate can be very confusing, haha. I was at the coffee shop years ago, some guy called asking, "Do you have chocolate milk......only hot?" Me-" A hot chocolate?" Him- "Yes" Me- "Yes we do." *click*

Ten mins later a girl walks in, "Do you have chocolate milk, only hot?" Same exchange, yet she bought it (for the guy, I'm guessing)

I guess he was making sure we used milk, just seemed an odd way to ask.

I just had *great* chocolate last night....milk and "drinking chocolate bars" from Colombia....Yum!
            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth StanFlouride View Post
              Frogs' legs, Kahlua, or a shiny new nickel?

(I think you started a contest here)
              Well sir, we start by trekking high into the Alps. Once there, we take down a mountain goat with our bare hands, and over the course of three years, we lovingly and caringly massage its beheaded skull into a cup, a special cup which locks in the amazing flavor of corn.

Once this is done, we run backwards until we make our way to Switzerland, and there we murder entire families until we are presented with the most perfect block of chocolate to appease our blood rage. With this in hand, we can leave the Swiss in peace...and in pieces.

From there, we proceed to West Virginia, and spend seven days rolling around in every mud puddle we can find to give the chocolate we carry a rich, bold taste.

We then return it all here and grind it together in a blender before throwing it into a butter churner, where it is churned by a trio of voluptuous blonde viking women.

We then kill the viking women, for their blood is the sweetest ingredient of all.

We then add a spot of milk and cinnamon, heat it up, and present it directly to you, the consumer.

HARKEN YE, THE HOLDER OF THE HOT CHOCOLATE! YE HOLD THE STUFF OF LEGENDS!!!

(Yeah, I'm bored.)
              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
              "What IS fun to fight through?"
              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Wow... uhh....

Just wow...

I think Uncle Khiras has a little too much time on his hands...

Also, I think that's the first post that actually made me grab my side and try not to laugh too loud, due to the people I work with....

I'm proud.
                Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

On a more serious note:

Ingredients

* 3 tablespoons corn syrup
                  * 6 ounces heavy cream
                  * 12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
                  * 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

In a small saucepan combine the corn syrup and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer and add the chocolate. Stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.

mix that with hot milk and mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

In an effort to return this thread to the hot chocolate ingredient idea...

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                    Honestly what else would be in hot chocolate?
                    Small pieces of string, my lost innocence, the sound of a dying swan, Jimmy Hoffa, the Rubiyat of Omar Khayam, iron filings, and, of course, milk and chocolate.
                    Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                      Well sir, we start by trekking high into the Alps. Once there, we take down a mountain goat with our bare hands, and over the course of three years, we lovingly and caringly massage its beheaded skull into a cup, a special cup which locks in the amazing flavor of corn.

Once this is done, we run backwards until we make our way to Switzerland, and there we murder entire families until we are presented with the most perfect block of chocolate to appease our blood rage. With this in hand, we can leave the Swiss in peace...and in pieces.

From there, we proceed to West Virginia, and spend seven days rolling around in every mud puddle we can find to give the chocolate we carry a rich, bold taste.

We then return it all here and grind it together in a blender before throwing it into a butter churner, where it is churned by a trio of voluptuous blonde viking women.

We then kill the viking women, for their blood is the sweetest ingredient of all.

We then add a spot of milk and cinnamon, heat it up, and present it directly to you, the consumer.

HARKEN YE, THE HOLDER OF THE HOT CHOCOLATE! YE HOLD THE STUFF OF LEGENDS!!!
                      I'll take two.

*om nom nom*
                      If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

With all due respect, could it have been that he was lactose intolerant? Again he's a SC for just straight up being an ass about it.
                        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

HOT Chocolate (of Vengence)

*Boiling hot water
                          *Packet of mystery poweder with a picture of some lady on the front
                          *Scotch Bonnet pepper extract
                          *Whipped cream
                          * A dash of cayan pepper for a garnish

Sitback and watch the fireworks.
                          "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

Working...
                          X