This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one where Plaidman gets owned.

It happens sometimes. I'm the reciving insult with no witty comeback or way to stop insane customers, or they get in a insult the breaks my armor.

This happened a few years ago when I was training someone. These four (Or five?) guys come in, mostly drunk. They want beer. Now several things are wrong.
    1: They are all drunk. Not to the point where I wouldn't sell, but the new guy felt uneasy, and I gotta stick with his calling. My theory is let the new guy make the calls on sales for beer. Something they got to get use to and not second guess.

2: The group is missing IDs, expired IDs, or other form of invalid IDs. The new guy doesn't want to sale. They get angry at him. That's when I step in.

SC: "Come on! Its his 21 birthday! Let us have beer!"
    ME: "Sorry guys. His calling, and I'm sticking to it. Try across the street"

The guys get angry and leave.

About an hour later they come back. It's 2:20ish am, near closing time for beer sales here.

They start grabbing crap. Chips, candy, soda, DOG FOOD, kitty litter, bottles of bleach. Just tons of crap. I'm curious as to what they are planning to do. I had a thoery.... But I I kept my hand on the phone incase they decide to run with said crap.

They bring it all up to the counter.
    The new guy looks nervous and scared.
    ME: ".... are you guys serious about buying all this? It be almost 200 bucks likely..."
    SC: *Sneer* "Yeah. See? Money. Cash!" *Waves a few fifties*

I have no choice. If I don't scan the stuff and tell them to leave, they can easily call the corporate number and lie about what they were really planning on doing.

I scan the stuff. Customers behind them are getting inpatient for their beer before it gets closed and cut off.

I still remember the total to this day.

$219.61.

I already knew what they were planning.

SC: *Shrugs* "Err nevermind man. See ya!"

Leaving me a huge pile of crap on the counter, and the time it took to ring it up, void it out etc, it was past 2:30 am, causing me to lose the sales from the other people wanting beer.

Plaidman got owned. And never got revenge on those bastards.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

If you knew what was happening then why didn't you put a stop to it? ALWAYS trust your instincts & act accordingly EVEN IF it'll piss off management. Management aren't on the front lines of retail-WE ARE.

Comment

Simple. Corporate wouldn't care. My manager would understand and belive me. Corporate would write me up and suspend me for lost of sales.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        I still remember the total to this day.

$219.61.
        It's funny what you do remember about things like this. I can tell you the catalogue number of the item, the total, and the payment method from the transaction that led me to this site originally about 4 years ago now.

I only hope that one day you'll find these people at work, and that they recognise you. Then they'll spend the whole time you're in there expecting revenge. That to me would be getting even - knowing that they know they're powerless to stop you, and that any time you come in, you could drop it on them from a great height.

We can but live in hope...
        "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Solution:

"of course! but first i'll need to ring these other customers through as otherwise, by the time i've served you, i will no longer beable to sell them their beers" *bigfakesmile™* "I'm Suuure you don't mind, do you?" *smile at other customers waiting in que...*

sorry for my horrendous spelling; English is my first language, and I'm not dyslexic. I'm just shite at spelling

Comment

You'd have been well within your rights to call the police and report them for suspected drunk driving. That's what I did to the people that trashed the parking lot with empty beer boxes after they purchased beer and unloaded it into a cooler in the back of their truck. I'd been sweeping the lot when they stopped, so I knew what was what. I had to stop to ring them up, so I went back outside to finish sweeping the lot. They were getting ready to leave, and I spotted their empty boxes strewn around the truck. I yelled to get their attention, and asked them to throw their boxes in the trash can nearby. They yelled back that the boxes weren't theirs, and proceeded to back out of their parking space. Total bullshit! I always carry pen and paper with me to write reminder notes to myself, so I wrote down their description, tags, and other such relevant information as they left. I watched to see which direction they went, then went in and called the police to tell them what had happened, and that they were probably drinking and driving by now. Yeah, I mainly called it in because I was pissed at the mess these jackasses left for me to clean up, but I also thought they were likely drinking and driving. One of the cops on duty, I know most all of them anyway, came in a while later to inform me they stopped the car and arrested those people. They did get charged with littering among other things. I never heard any more of it, but I felt pretty good about that one even though I suppose it could have been somehow risky for me if they wanted to come back and track me down for reporting them.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Aurelemsrealm... good one!!! I've sort of done similar. I worked at a servo, and occaisonally a slightly intoxicated would come in to pay for fuel, so I'd ring it through.

Gwen_Goth... my thoughts exactly Too bad we don't think of these things at the time
              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
              X