This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snarling and Bad Metaphors

Firstly, I realize our drinks are $1.69, but remember that you can take a to-go cup with you, and that means you get free refills. All you want of em.

No way, Jose.

Woman walks up to me as I take out a pizza. I remeber her ordering the buffet and a drink. DD for Drinking Doofus.

DD: Excuse me, could I get my money back for this? *she holds up her drink cup*
    Me: Is something wrong with it, ma'am? I could get you a new glass?
    DD: No no, its just that you have Coke and not Pepsi, so I want a water.
    Me: Okay, you can go ahead and get as much water as you'd like.
    DD: But can I have my money back for this Coke I drank?

..what.

Me: What was wrong with it, ma'am?
    DD: I just wanted water, instead, I don't see the problem.
    Me: But you drank your Coke all the way, I can see the fizzle bubbles where it was.
    DD: But I want a refund, I don't like this Coke!
    Me: So, you want a refund for a drink you've already drank?
    DD: Yes! How hard is that to understand?!
    Me: I'm sorry, but you already drank that glass of Coke, we can't offer you a refund for something already eaten, or drunk.
    DD: Did the Indians take back their land because it was bad? You bet they did!

She kept trying to fight me on it! Yeah, right.

Also.. wtf?

Snarlbeast, I will tempt you no more.

Another weird one. Our buffet has a pasta well, which holds a large amount of alfredo and noodles. Sometimes it gets all eaten up, and we'll cook a new one.

We will not cook a gallon of pasta when there's only 10min. left for people to buy the buffet, and only a handful in there.

Woman walks to the pasta well, SNARLS in such a way I could only describe as looking like a wrinkled old man's face going black hole, with all the lines comng inward to the mouth.

She looks at me with the most hateful look, and I quirk an eyebrow in confusion, she does no try to ask for pasta. She glares down the manager, and walks off. She glares at the dishwasher like a million-headed hydra on fire.

Manager took pity on the snarlbeast, and tamed it with cooking a single portion just for her. She smiled lovingly at him, and left us in peace.

Quoth unholypet View Post

Um...I had a comment, but my brain skidded to a halt after reading this comment. it has yet to start up again.
    MySpace

Comment

Quoth KnitShoni View Post
      Um...I had a comment, but my brain skidded to a halt after reading this comment. it has yet to start up again.
      ...yeah. I...I don't...That description of the snarling face was awesome. I had something else to say, but it's gone.

I don't know if I'll ever see those brain cells again.
      If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

...I...ebbeh..WHA?! *sound of brain cells screeching to a halt*

Even my muse who deals with insanity for a living doesn't have anything to say about that.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Ummm...yeah. I can see DD's brain fired up and tried to crank out a pithy, insightful comment, but as is probably usual for her, it produced epic fail instead.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Ummm...yeah. I can see DD's brain fired up and tried to crank out a pithy, insightful comment, but as is probably usual for her, it produced epic fail instead.
            Yes... I can only assume she had a good one, then that nugget of nose-gold fell out of her mouth, and with it; the death of millions of brain cells across the world.

Comment

Well, my brain just BSoD'd. Ow ow ow ow.....

Comment

Quoth Hobbs
                Geez, how come I couldn't be there to scalp her?
                Makes me suddenly wonder why I didn't...

Comment

Quoth Hobbs
                  *Moon-crickets "
                  *Cherokee .... whites. You see, at night, they have white faces like the moon...and make a lotta noise.
                  Brilliant. Will take the place of cracker anytime I engage in self deprecating humor.

Comment

Makes me suddenly wonder why I didn't...
                    Ehehe, you don't have a Cherokee tomahawk, though, do you? :P

Comment

I think it was teh Lakota that suceded from the US. HOwever, OK is still a part of our nation, at least as of Mon afternoon.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                        Brilliant. Will take the place of cracker anytime I engage in self deprecating humor.
                        No no no no no.

Google it. It has a much, much different more common meaning that will likely get you punched in the face. ><

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                          No no no no no.

Google it. It has a much, much different more common meaning that will likely get you punched in the face. ><
                          idk, i'd only heard it used against Anglos...but I can see that you'd definitely not wanna use it.

Just go w/ Pale-face, i suppose...

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                            Ummm....that's about on par with a certain derogatory term for black people staring with the letter "N".
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              Ummm....that's about on par with a certain derogatory term for black people staring with the letter "N".
                              Like I said, I'd heard it as Native American term towards whites. It doesn't even make sense to me as a slur towards blacks/African-Americans...

Ok, lemme just delete my post, because...I think I crossed the line. Apologies to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X