Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done a few things, but I'm comfortable that the times I have been an SC were times were I was justified in being so.

To a customer service rep that kept repeating the same suggestion to me 6 times when I told her it can not be done I've yelled "Ma'am, just how stupid to you think I am?"

To a StarSchmucks Barista trying to tell me how to order coffee when I'm mentally and physically exhausted. "Listen you little bastard, get off your ass and get me my chai latte before I reach into ass ad rip out your eyeballs."

To a telemarketer offering free hearing tests (over a phone no less) I strung him along for 15 minutes playing deaf before I let him off the hook.

The telemarketer calling for the 5th time that day wanting me to buy a cemetary plot (when I'm 19) I've blew into the phone with a Bosun's Whistle (the really REALLY piercing whistle they pipe people on board ships with)

I could name hundreds, but again I only save them for when I'm dealing with the opposite of Customers Suck...Sucky Counter Apes

Mongo
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I went off on a phone person. I was getting my dish washer repaired. Between 12 and 6. I went to work at 6 AM to leave at 11:30. Got a call at 9 saying I wasn't home and I needed to reschedule.

I told her my appointment was in the afternoon,she argued. I told her I called to confirm two days before, so please explain. She couldn't.

Then they didn't show up.

I went off, on quite a few people. Especially the second lady who told me it was my fault. Why would I get up at 4 AM to get to work at 6 if you were coming in the morning? I asked for a manager. None were available, they would call me.

Never did. I called back. Still had people tell me it was my fault.

They finally came, it needed a part. Guy would order it, call when it comes to us, and he'd come back and install it. Guy comes back on his own, when no one is home, and we hadn't got the part yet. He thought it would be here by then.

My wife went off then.

I don't feel bad about any of it. I only feel bad about going off on the bank lady because I really did bounce that check.

Comment

Oh yes, I have been a SC in my life. I think I have briefly mentioned or alluded to the fact that I am a recovering drug addict. I have been clean for almost two years now....

Back in the day, when I was still strung out, I had no money and any money I did make I used to buy drugs. (My drug of choice was meth) Therefore, I was not paying my bills. The only one I bothered to pay and I paid it sporadically was my cell phone bill. Of course, I needed that to communicate with my connections. Anyway...I was ALWAYS late paying it - ALWAYS...and I had the service through Sprint. EVERY month, it would get shut off because once I hit $200 on the bill, it'd shut the service off. I usually only paid enough to bring it back down to $150 bucks and then the next billing cycle - it was shut off again.

I called Sprint all the time to blame them for shutting my service off. I would get in screaming matches over the phone with them telling them it's their fault - making all kinds of excuses why I didn't pay and why they need to leave my phone on. They hung up on me several times! I am sure my account was flagged because they always had serious attitude with me...as I with them.

Not a shiny, happy moment in my life, but funny how once I gave up the drugs, all my bills get paid and I am no longer behaving like a SC... Hmm...go figure.

So, I've seen those posts on here where people have to deal with SCs that bitch about their service being cut off and how unfair that is and it takes me back to the time I was smoking my bills. Just a little insight for y'all.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

If I am in a store I have never in been to and I am intending to pay with a debit card, I hand it to the cashier without looking to see if you run your card yourself or not. This annoyed me to no end when I was a cashier, so I assume it annoys others as well.

I am also guilty of talking on my cell phone at the register.
          ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Everyone, please don't beat me after I admit this.....

A few weekends ago, a friend and I went to the McDonalds drive thru. You know how most of them have those exact order screens to make sure your order is correct?

I am really specific with cheeseburgers. I cannot stand anything on them except just ketchup (and the cheese, of course). I am very articulate (but not snobby) when I order my double cheeseburgers ("only ketchup") or I've even given up on the ketchup and just said "Plain" when some of their employees seemed to stupid to comprehend "just ketchup".

Anyways, the order screen showed my friend's order, which was a double cheeseburger (she didnt have any modifications or anything), fries, etc etc....mine showed two double cheeseburgers (and a little note underneath it that said "PLAIN") and fries, etc etc etc...

I was so furious when we pulled away and both of my double cheeseburgers had everything on them, we went back into the drive thru.....and yes.....I asked the employee if she was "retarded" and "how fucking hard is it to understand the word PLAIN?".......

I have to find a different McDonalds now. I really made an ass out of myself. I really shouldn't have acted that way, but on the other hand......how fucking hard is it to understand PLAIN?
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Blas, I've done the same thing... but only because our McDonalds messes up my order every time I go there. I always get the Crispy Chicken sandwich combo, and always ask for my sandwich plain. Plain = absolutely nothing on it, or so I thought. They would even type it in and it would show up on the screen as being plain... but when I'd get the sandwich, there would be lettuce, tomato and mayo on it. I didn't complain the first 4 or 5 times, but after that, I would make the drive thru person check it before they even handed me the bag. Its still wrong half the time, which is why I only go there if I'm sick of everything else in town (we don't have a lot of options for food).

They probably hate me.

Comment

I'm usually pretty laid-back about things...

But there was one time I went to TGIF with a bunch of friends. Me and one of my friends have to leave before the rest of them did. So when the waiter came back, for refills, I asked him for my bill... and my friend did the same.

About 5 minutes later, he brought the bill out. Ok, kind of a long wait considering all but one of the tables immediatly around us were empty. So I get my debit card and wait... and I wait. I could've paid cash, but that would mean he wouldn't get a tip. And I waited some more... After about 10-15 minutes. This is NO exaggeration on the time... He walked by us at least 3 times. He made eye contact with me a couple of times. I finally got fed up with it.

I slammed a $20 on the table, my friend had exact change so she left that on the table and we left. I was so mad. From her, he got no tip whatsoever. From me, I think it came to like a 63 cent tip.

That's the only time I can think of.
                When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

A couple of weeks ago I got mad at a Blockbuster employee because they don't rent game systems even though it SAYS ON THEIR SIGN that they do. I guess they got unlucky with me because I'm one customer who actually DOES read signs.

Comment

Last week on the way back from the gym, I realized I needed to stop off at a drug store to get some *cough, ahem* "lady items". As I was walking in the store, my cell rang, and I answered it to hear my sister in law yelling (happily) that she was pregnant. I walked through the store listening to her, collecting my items, trying to speak to her as quietly as possible. Once I got up to the cash stand, I was trying to multi task but realized I had to hang up in order to cash out. I told her "Melinda, I have to go, I'm at Walgreen's trying to cash out." only to look up at the cashier who's trying to stifle a laugh as she points at the Rite Aid sign! OOPS!
                    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

Comment

Let's see...

"You look bored!!"
                      Occasionally having trouble with debit cards...
                      Huff and puff at lines
                      Change (but seldom a lot)
                      "Can you look in the back?" (but I WANT those shoes in an 8 1/2 or 9!!!!!!)

amongst other transgressions.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I occasionally talk on the cellphone while I'm at the register- if my parents, husband, or sis in Iraq call.

I have also been known to hang up on telemarketers. I feel almost a little bad, but my husband used to let them get through their spiel before he'd say no, and they'd send us junk and charge us money anyway. One place charged us $250 for something my husband had said NO to several times (I was sitting right next to him). We were short on money, so it was especially not cool. Took us months to get our money back and when we finally got the check, they took out $75 for "handling"! Seriously, how expensive is it to mail back someone's money that they stole in the first place? How lame. So yeah, I hang up on telemarketers, who shouldn't be calling anyway because I made sure to be added to the "do not call" lists.

Comment

As far as I am concerned, telemarketers are behaving quite rudely by using the phone *I'm* paying for to intrude into my home and interrupt my *chosen* activities (which can include sleeping, even during the day. I've had night jobs) so they can try to rip me off. I think simply hanging up on them is a LOT more polite than what they did to me in the first place.
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Back in August when me and my friend were in Wisconsin. One morning we ate breakfast at Houlihan's . It wasnt very busy yet we were basically ignored by the people working there everything took forever. nobody came to our table to give us a menu it took a long time for somebody to take our order get our food give us the check then come back to collect etc. I was pissed and i was only gonna leave a $1 tip when I heard a waitress snarkily say " I guess these guys have a long day ahead of them" I was like ok you just lost your tip. my friend threw down a dollar but he walked out on his check ( all he had was a glass of orange that was $2.95 I think)
                            The Pens 2009 Stanley Cup Champs

Listen to some Steely Dan Tonight its good for Ya

Il Son Patie

Comment

I've been a little rude with telemarketers on a few occasions myself. I don't normally get rude with them, unless I'm trying to politely end the call and they keep pushing. And there was this one time one woke me up early on a Saturday morning. If you do that, the house had better be on fire, and even then, proceed with extreme caution. But I don't consider those "Sucky Customer" moments, as I was not actually a customer.

Now, for my not-so-shining moments that I can remember:

1. When I went on my first beach trip with friends, I was walking the boardwalk one day and got hungry. As most people knows, the price of just about anything on the boardwalk is pretty steep. I stopped by one of the many pizza places and asked how much a slice was. It was a lot more expensive than some of the other places, and I made some rude comment about it. Worse yet, my job at the time was still in retail, complete with sucky customers, so I should have known better.

2. Back when I was with my ex, and money was really tight from her constantly running up the bills and refusing to hold down a job, we went grocery shopping, and the total was much higher than I thought it would be. I swear, I knew it wasn't the cashier's fault, and I didn't mean to yell, but it jumped out before I realized it. I apologized immediately, and tried to explain to the cashier that I wasn't taking it out on her, but she looked pretty freaked out.

3. I used to be a horrible tipper. My ex tried to tell me I wasn't tipping enough, but I didn't believe her. But I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day. Fortunately, once I became a member here, I found out how severs get screwed on their wages, and started giving out much better tips. I usually tip around 20%, unless I get really crappy service. I think I've only refused to leave a tip once or twice since then, and I had a reason to.
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

This site has certainly kept me from committing some SC sins!

However, some do slip through the crack...

-I saw a movie on the weekend and left my garbage under my seat. No excuses, that was just lazy of me.

-A couple of week ago, my boyf and I were in Amsterdam and went into a sit-down place for a cup of coffee (not a "coffee shop", but an actual restaurant). It advertised that one could come in and just have a cup of coffee. We ordered our coffees, use the facilities and waited for our bill. It never showed. Finally, we had to flag someone for it. Our server never came back after giving us the coffees. She did not get a tip.

Those are my recent ones.
                                -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                                -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Working...
                                X