Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your TMI is no match for mine! (WARNING: Girly Issues)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
    I think we both need to write that one down for future reference.
    I rather liked that one myself.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I remember reading some study something like 10 years ago that was talking about how many adult females were becoming anemic in their 30's - 50's because of not getting pregnant and having regular periods for their entire lives.

One of the discussions in the study was that if a woman on the pill took the pill every day and didn't do the week of placebos, then she would have little to no period at all for as long as she was on it.

Unfortunately for me, the pill does terrible things to my mood, so I never tried that.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

FWIW, I used to know gals in the Army who would do that for when they were going to the field. I've no idea how safe it is or isn't, of course. But they didn't die of it that I know of.

I imagine that taking just the pills and not the placebos would also help with the emotional/mood thing, assuming it's linked to your hormones (seems to be, for most women). In that if you never stopped taking them, your hormones would stay regulated at that level...

Again, no idea if that would be a good thing or not though.
        "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          I remember reading some study something like 10 years ago that was talking about how many adult females were becoming anemic in their 30's - 50's because of not getting pregnant and having regular periods for their entire lives.

One of the discussions in the study was that if a woman on the pill took the pill every day and didn't do the week of placebos, then she would have little to no period at all for as long as she was on it.

Unfortunately for me, the pill does terrible things to my mood, so I never tried that.

^-.-^
          I do this every so often if I want to skip my period (going on vacation, a *special* weekend with the boyfriend, what have you...). I've never had any issues with it. I don't skip more than one period though and the first period after the skipped period is only slightly heavier than my regular ones. Then again, I have a fairly ideal period - next to no cramping, very light (I can wear a regular tampon for 5 hours or so with virtually no issues/leaking), and only lasts 2-3 days. I have moderate PMS the week before, but it's more just me being more prone to crying and getting annoyed much more easily.

I feel so incredibly lucky after reading what some of you girls go through every month! *shudders* I can't imagine going through those extremes every month!

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
            The third kind: brings an empty pack from home and tries to match it; or has the exact brand and name written down on a piece of paper. (My husband.)

I pity him if the brand changes its packaging or names - but at least he'd have the old packaging and name to show the first female he finds on the sales floor!
            Or the new "updated" version of this ... the Hubby who has the correct product as a picture saved on his cell phone.

Comment

Once again, a thread here has proven educational. A bit disturbing, (20-year old male here), but educational. Never know what you'll learn when you get up in the morning.
              All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

Comment

Quoth sanchopanza65 View Post
                Once again, a thread here has proven educational. A bit disturbing, (20-year old male here), but educational. Never know what you'll learn when you get up in the morning.
                Anything you want to know but were afraid to ask . . . sex, drugs, stupidity . . .

You can find it here at CS.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Arm View Post
                  I imagine that taking just the pills and not the placebos would also help with the emotional/mood thing, assuming it's linked to your hormones (seems to be, for most women). In that if you never stopped taking them, your hormones would stay regulated at that level...
                  I wish that were the case with me, but for whatever reason, as long as I was on the pill, I would have horrendous mood swings and it would irritate the heck out of me, so I'd be grumpy on top of it. And that would be pretty much all the time, not just while taking the pills or during the time when I stopped.
                  Quoth Custard Chick View Post
                  Then again, I have a fairly ideal period - next to no cramping, very light (I can wear a regular tampon for 5 hours or so with virtually no issues/leaking), and only lasts 2-3 days. I have moderate PMS the week before, but it's more just me being more prone to crying and getting annoyed much more easily.
                  My system is the same, except I don't have any PMS to speak of. Oh, and instead of cramping, I can sometimes feel the lining sloughing off. Boy is that a sensation I'd rather avoid ever feeling again.

I do get grumpy when I'm bleeding, but that's usually due to my back aching from the bloating. My mother has lower back pain issues, and ever since I flipped my bug and hurt my lower back, I've had some minor problems of my own.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I like some of these creative terms to describe that time of the month. I swear sometimes I am so looking forward to menopause. These two week cycles and horrible mood swings are for the birds. It seems like I go from being fairly upbeat to feeling homicidal at the drop of a hat. Either that or I'll burst into tears for no good reason. I guess it's a good thing I don't have much direct customer contact since I'd probably end up getting fired because my brain to mouth filter always malfunctions during that time of the month.
                    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

• Quoth Supermarket Slave Girl View Post
                      I haven't had a period since the beginning of 2007 thanks to the Mirena
                      I WISH. im on Mirena too, first 6 months were hell, the cramps felt like i was being stabbed. now my periods don't hurt very much, are very light, but very long especially if im stressed, think my record was 3 weeks on and off, very very annoying.

btw, "dead mouse" is what SO and i call used tampons.

Comment

• Quoth Blade View Post
                        Wow, I'm sort of surprised at this point that no one has mentioned the extra fun of taking a wicked shit *while* plopping out uterine lining!

Just sayin'....

(... and they ask why we go through so much toilet paper. Pffffft...)
                        Add in cramps both menstrual and butt, at the same time, then you know what I go through every couple of months or so.
                        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

• Quoth Kirachan View Post

btw, "dead mouse" is what SO and i call used tampons.

Neko the First

Neko the Second

So very very glad I'm on Depo. My first when I was young damn near knocked me off my bike.
                          Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

• Quoth Teysa View Post
                            I swear sometimes I am so looking forward to menopause.
                            My wife went on hormone replacement therapy (HRT) when she reached menopause. A friend told her that she wasn't going to do HRT when she reached menopause because she wanted to be natural, like her ancestors were. My wife explained to her that most of her ancestors were dead before reaching menopause, so there was no need for HRT. That remark caused the friend to re-evaluate her position.

You women do have it tough in the hormonal area, but I am also on HRT so guys can have problems too.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              My wife went on hormone replacement therapy (HRT) when she reached menopause. A friend told her that she wasn't going to do HRT when she reached menopause because she wanted to be natural, like her ancestors were. My wife explained to her that most of her ancestors were dead before reaching menopause, so there was no need for HRT. That remark caused the friend to re-evaluate her position.

You women do have it tough in the hormonal area, but I am also on HRT so guys can have problems too.
                              I am planning on not doing HRT, I have enough endocrinal issues and I figure the fastest I can get past the hot flashes the better. Now rather than delaying them into the future. My mum in law is a nurse, and she refused to do HRT as well. If I have personal lubrication issues, I can buy a bottle of lube. I am already on actonel for bone density and dietary suppliments so that is handled as well. On the plus side, my endo thinks that menopause may help my chondrocalcinosis.
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                                I am planning on not doing HRT, I have enough endocrinal issues and I figure the fastest I can get past the hot flashes the better.
                                Well, the one thing this thread has shone is that everyone has different body chemistry. I hope what you choose works out best for you. I think the point is to keep all options open, and choose what works best for you.
                                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                                X