Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh hellooo? They make these handy dandy portable playpen-crib thingies. Why wouldnt you bring one on holiday? How else would you keep the kid contained?
    Last edited by Broomjockey; 06-20-2009, 11:45 PM. Reason: there's that TERM again...

Comment

You know, when Son and Daughter were younger and in cribs, we traveled with their pack and plays. I never ever used a hotel crib -- I'm sorry, but you don't know who has used it or who put it together or anything. Nothing against any hotel, but I wouldn't trust it.

That being said, even if she wanted to use a crib, she should have asked about it and reserved on in advance. Don't tell me they didn't know they were going to need the crib!
      I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Quoth Astrokitty View Post
        I slept in a dresser drawer for the first few nights when I was a cub too! I actually have fond memories of that dresser, hehe.
        You too? I remember that dresser vividly. It was painted the color of really strong tea, but you could still see the woodgrain through it. Mom made up the drawer with a patchwork quilt that I used to be able to wrap all the way up in, but which now I'd barely be able to use as a shawl.

Weird how you can remember something like that.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I was in an incubator in NICU for three months...after that I would tell people I was born in a box. At least once I seem to recall demanding to be put down for my nap in a moving box (maybe that's where I got my love of small spaces).

Yeah, even then I was weird.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I vaguely recall being in a crib . . . and when I was in the mood for attention, I'd stand up and grab hold of the side and start rattling it until somebody got their ass in there.

When that got old, I learned how to climb out of it. Needless to say, that scared my parents and my grandma to death.

I'm surprised they didn't try to put me in a cage at night . . but then knowing me, I'd have found a way to sneak out of it.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth persephone View Post
              I never ever used a hotel crib -- I'm sorry, but you don't know who has used it or who put it together or anything. Nothing against any hotel, but I wouldn't trust it.
              They want to be able to sue if the kid gets killed or injured from the crib?? IDK, I have no kids, don't want any anytime soon either and don't particularly like them right now either, BUT I would never want to try using some crib in a hotel or vacation home. Don't know what germs might be in there, and NO CLUE if it's a safe crib, maybe recalled, maybe it got smashed once and glued together with flour paste... too many maybe's that could result in awful things to risk using it.

Comment

Okay, I know I'm an idiot and have no children, but even I can figure out that if you are traveling with an infant, you should either 1. have a portable crib of your own, or 2. reserve a hotel crib ahead of time, as hotels, if they have cribs at all, only have a limited number of them, and it would SO completely suck to get to the hotel and not have one available. Seems they found that last part out, huh? Maybe I should start teaching parenting classes.....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

I have twins, so traveling is an adventure. I usually bring a pack and play and reserve a crib from the hotel. They usually are just a standard pack and play. Just bring a pack and play sheet and Voila. But seriously, the pack and play doesnt take up that much space.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                    The girl yesterday was a bimbo that didnt know her ass from her elbow and she put me on hold for 15 minutes to find out about a stinkin tennis package and now you are telling me that you have no cribs and you want me to call someone else. Dave, this is the vacation from hell
                    I am finding her definition wanting.

My mother and her mom (my grandmother, for those playing from Nunavut) are away on what was supposed to be an Alaskan Cruise. "Supposed to be" because my 86-year-old grandmother, who just this past year took down an ailing pear tree by hand with a hatchet, did not get on an escalator at the airport with both feet. She took a tumble, and rode the escalator all the way up on her back as her sweater was being eaten by the machinery. Her ankle was a little sore, but they continued on to Portland and boarded the ship. On the ship, her ankle decided to not play ball anymore, and she was stuck in the curtesy wheelchair until they reached a port with an X-ray machine in Dawson. Post X-ray, she was whisked away by care flight to lovely Anchorage, where she was all set for surgery on the broken ankle.

My mother, not fitting on the small care flight vehicle, had to continue by ship for three days to the next stop so she could buy an expensive last-minute flight on a puddle jumper to be with her mother. My grandmother now has two plates, six pins, and a summer of staying the hell off her foot to look foreward to, and my parents have three expensive airline tickets to pay for in addition to the loss of cruise fare and helping look after my grandmother all summer.

I would suggest that your SC's definition of "Vacation From Hell" lacks a bit.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

GK, has your mom spoken to the cruise line and seen if maybe they'll give her anything back for the loss of the cruise?

It might be a bit of a longshot, but a lot of vacation/recreation places will do refunds or vouchers for emergency situations.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        GK, has your mom spoken to the cruise line and seen if maybe they'll give her anything back for the loss of the cruise?
                        They haven't even made it out of Alaska yet, as Grandma wasn't due to be released until today. I'll mention it to her.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                        X