Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe If You Gave Me Your Name!! (Longish)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe If You Gave Me Your Name!! (Longish)

Ugh...What a night. I have a story truly befitting the forums here this evening! I worked a 4 to 11 shift tonight, and it was busy, but not horrible, until around 7:30. Then a man (I use the term loosely) called our front line and made an otherwise decent night go straight to hell. This man was the epitome of suck and I am truly sorry for those that deal with these types on a regular basis! The conversation was something like this:

Me = Can I curl up and cry now?
    FPA= Food Poisoning A-hole (So many other things I could call him, but I digress)

ME: Good evening **c-store**, BrenDAnn Speaking, may I help you?
    FPA: Yeah, is this **c-store?**
    ME: Yes, sir.
    FPA: What?
    ME: Yes, sir.
    FPA: Oh, well are you the manager?
    ME: No, sir.
    FPA: Well is she there right now?
    ME: Not tonight.
    FPA: Oh! Well I got a piece of pizza there tonight, and I got food poisoning! It smelled sour, and I ate it as I was driving, and I got isck and had to throw up!!
    ME: **immediately thinks to get his name & number so as to have management contact him** Alright, can I have your name and phone number?
    FPA: I thought it smelled bad when I ate it, and I got food poisoning and it was your pepperoni pizza and you need to take it out of your warmer RIGHT NOW!!
    ME: Yes, sir, I understand that, and we will do that. May I have your name and phone number please? That way the manager can contact you and maybe work something out, maybe get yo ua few dollars for a ref--
    FPA: IT HAD BETTER BE MORE THAN THAT! I'M GOING TO THE HOSPITAL! I'M ON MY WAY TO **ER half an hour away** RIGHT NOW!!
    ME: Alright, well, I need your name and phone number, so--
    FPA: It's the pepperponi pizza! I got sick and you're making people sick!!!eleventy!! Get it out of the warmer!!
    **repeat a few times until finally**
    ME: I will have the kitchen workers remove the pizza, but can I get your name and phone number?
    FPA: **rattles off his number, then goes back to bitching about the pizza**
    ME: (growing angrier by the millisecond, but managing to stay halfway calm) Again, I will take the pizza out of the warmer, can I have your name?
    FPA: IT'S THE PEPPERONI PIZZA!! GET IT OUT OF YOUR WARMER RIGHT NOW! YOU'RE MAKING PEOPLE SICK!!
    ME: I understand that, sir, but I need your name so that **realizes he hung up, looks at phone reciever, then hangs it up**

I walked over to my worker, J, who was going back and forth between the kitchen and the second register up front, so angry I was shaking. I made the stupid mistake of telling her what the issue was in front of customers--totally wrong of me! Anyway, I had written down as much info as I could, but I had to take a minute to breathe and calm down in the back room before consulting with our pizza maker, C. Between the three of us, we concluded that A) Food poisoning generally doesn't happen that fast, B)The guy was a class a d*ck, and C) Maybe if he would've given me a name, we could've helped him!!
    He never called back, and we never received a call from any hospital inquiring about food poisoning, so I'm guessing he was either lying, or the doctor at the ER told him he wasn't sick, just an idiot, and sent him home. I'm sure I'll have a nice long phone conversation with my manager about this in the morning, but I hope she pwns the guy if she decides to call him! I'm still angry just thinking about it! C, J, and myself checked the pepperoni, the cheese, the dough, and the sauce and none of them were sour in any way, so we aren't sure wtf this guy's deal was. Anyway...End of rant...I just had to come share this, because it, to me, seems EPIC. Nothing like GK or some of you others have had, but for me, it was bad! And now, I'm off to curl up in a ball, cry, and silently curse humanity in general. You all have a great night/afternoon/morning/whatever it is wherever you are!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

chances are he just got sick and blamed the pizza. happens a lot.
    To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
    my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Or he couldn't even have been going to the hospital and just lied to get a free pizza.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
        Or he couldn't even have been going to the hospital and just lied to get a free pizza.
        Come now, are you suggesting that a valued customer would LIE just to get a free pizza? Surely you don't think that they would so impugn their integ....int.....*

...Sorry, I just couldn't finish that sentence with a straight face
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yeah, okay, sure, whatever. Food poisoning usually doesn't manifest itself that fast, if it even can.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That way the manager can contact you and maybe work something out, maybe get yo ua few dollars for a ref--
            I would suggest that, should he call back or a similar situation arise in the future, don't ever imply that the company might give him any money for his "suffering"...cuz obviously that's something that is beyond your control, and there are people who would insist you promised them something that you didn't...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Sounds like he was full of it. As usual with every SC.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

sometimes you vomiting can be a sign that your body know more than you do, it smelled funny his bodys memory didnt like the tast so it triggered the urge to purge.

Comment

Most people who say they got food poisoning have no idea what food poisoning is.

Example: Guy I used to know claims McDonald's gave him food poisoning because he felt queasy for an hour or so. I point out he's a grotesquely obese bastard who ate 2 supersized double bic mac combos and had 4 refills of his supersized coke, all in under 20 minutes. Bonus points: Yup, he's diabetic too.

Bottom line: if you arent violently and explosively emptying out both ends into the toilet for so long you start hoping to die just you can get some rest, it's probably indigestion and not food poisoning.
                  Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
                    Bottom line: if you arent violently and explosively emptying out both ends into the toilet for so long you start hoping to die just you can get some rest, it's probably indigestion and not food poisoning.
                    Yup- that right there is actual food poisoning. I second what you say, infinitemonkies, I hate hearing people complain about 'food poisoning' when all they have is a bit of gas.
                    If brains were gunpowder some would not have enough to blow their nose off!! ~RobertM

Getting married for the cake is like getting arrested for the free photo. ~ EvilEmpryss

Comment

If you really have food poisoning, you will know it!

It usually takes a few hours to manifest itself, and from there, you will feel like utter hell for about a day. Luckily food poisoning passes quickly, but you will be spending that entire day wanting to just die.

You'll also be spending a lot of time worshiping the porcelain throne.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion, BookstoreEscapee. I'll keep that in mind. I was trying at the time to explain to the arsehole why I needed his name & number. I should have left it to "so the manager can get in contact with you regarding this". Sidenote: Manager called me yesterday morning, asked me about the incident, and said that she was sure the company (or more than 4,000 stores in I htink 6 or 8 states) will not be paying for a hospital bill that was not our fault. Of course, that is, as others have pointed out, if there IS a hospital bill. My coworker (the 2nd Assistant manager) wasn't sure if M had gotten ahold of the guy or not when I asked her upon arriving at work yesterday. I guess we'll see what happens!

Comment

Food poisoning can take as little as twenty minutes, but that's damned rare and usually associated with seafood.

Usual time is about twenty-four hours, often up to seventy-two hours, and a nightmare for environmental health professionals to trace.

"So, what did you eat in the last three days?"

"Um, er..."

Rapscallion

Comment

Well folks I have an update on this gem of a tale! The manager, it seems, called this...er...person. He was the same way with her as he was with me, from what I understand. She had to practically force his name out of him, and when she asked him to spell it, he asked "what's the point?". M told him that she needed his name so that she could make this right with him next time he came in and he said that he wasn't coming back in again. He claimed to own 3 c-stores (not in our chain), and kept telling her over and over that the cheese used to make the pizzas was bad. Now, reasoning would tell you that, were that the case, we'd have had a lot more people calling in, considering the number of orders (we had upwards of 35 pizzas go out for orders alone) and pizzas for the warmer that we made that night. Methinks this guy is either crazy, a scammer, or a crazy scammer!! My manager has been known to be that perfect in-the-middle type that doesn't take shit, but will bend over backwards to make customers happy, so it will be interesting to see where she goes with this one!

Comment

It smelled sour, but he ate it anyway?
                              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                              X