This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Once again, I have to disagree with you. If they are doing that just to get a stronger drink, yes, they suck. But I HAVE had people order drinks like that, with no expectation of extra booze (they say the first phrase, not the second phrase), simply because, whatever you may think of how that tastes, they like it. Though more frequently I will get "very little ice, please" rather than "no ice." Probably something to do with the warm climate I am in. Yes, a lot of people think that "less ice" equals more booze, but if they order it that way and don't say anything about more booze, and don't bitch about the resulting drink, it's all cool by me.

And I don't think you sound like a bitch so much as someone who is frustrated with their cheap greedy customers bitching about their tactics for trying to get something for nothing.

I guess we just work in completely different atmospheres. The people that come into my bar are college kids, they aren't drinking top shelf liquor and drinking for the taste. Ok, maybe that's not how it is with EVERY customer I get, but I'd say it's true for 95%. It seems that maybe your bar attracts an older crowd?

But anyway, I don't get mad UNTIL they specifically ask for more liquor without the extra cost. I just feel that if you are going to go out to a bar, expect to pay.

"So, is this one on the house?"

Comment

Oh, we get a good mix. Being a tourist town, we get tourists, families, cruise ship people, college kids, divers, sailors, military, etc. Everyone, really.

But yeah, during Spring Break, I deal a lot with the type you are talking about. I just don't bother taking their shit, as you may have noticed. I (and my coworkers) let them know real quick who is in charge of things.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
      X