This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy one SC story get one SC free.

And just so there's no confusion, it's the cheaper SC that is free.

There's a common theme. See if you can figure it out.

STORY 1 or "You Spoony Bitch"
    About an hour after SC checks in.
    SC: I want to check out and cancel my other nights. This hotel smells like smoke.
    Me: Sure I'll still need to charge you for tonight.
    SC: Why?
    Me: Because you already used the room and we'll need to clean it.
    SC then gets on phone with her mother and asks for our number.
    Me: (Fuck! That's right I think things I would never say.)

Right on cue, the phone rings.
    Me: Greeting
    SCMom: I want to know why you're charging my daughter for a room she's not using.
    Me: Explaining the same thing about SC already having used the room.
    SCM: You're putting my daughter's health in danger. I'm disputing this charge.
    Me: (Go ahead but you signed the cc auth already.) That is your choice.

SCM then demands we call a mngr. After a little back and forth with my mngr, he agreed to call SCM in the morning but not tonight. Tonight was either SC or no one

Mngr had also asked me to check the room. SC wouldn't allow that. SC finally leaves. SCM calls minutes later demanding to know when they can speak to a mngr.
    Me: Tomorrow morning
    SCM: (famous last words of SC's everywhere) I'm calling up my friends to tell them not to stay here again.

STORY 2 or "SeeD-y Character"
    SC checks in at 4:15 then leaves, not even checking his room. Comes back just after "You Spoony Bitch" has ended. Mngr had swung by the hotel.
    SC comes back just I was checking in a small church group of 3 African (Nigerian I think) Americans.

SC comes down to the desk to return his key.
    SC: I need to check out. I don't feel comfortable with seedy people in here.
    Mngr: I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    SC Just check me out. And I don't think I should have to pay for the room. Cut me a break.
    M: You've already used the room and so I need to charge you.
    SC agrees to pay a reduced rate and leaves' but not without re emphesizing the fact there are seedy people around.
    Mngr: You're welcome to think that.
    Last edited by MadMike; 07-23-2009, 10:23 PM. Reason: Merged at poster's request
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Seedy people eh? Sounds a bit wacko that one. Once had a guy check in only to be gone maybe 10 minutes saying he had to leave because someone was following him through the hotel. It was late, everyone was asleep....crazy... The only person around was my night maintenance guy.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

The only person around was my night maintenance guy.
      You sure he wasn't having a bit of fun? I might have, if the dude was acting all paranoid.
      "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I am ashamed that people like that guy in Story 2 even exist >,< How terrible that he was given a discount! Hopefully he just said that because he wanted a reason to get a discount and not because he was actually uncomfortable around people of different ethnicities...

btw, been playing some FFVIII lately?
        !
        "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

so what about the first SCs room you said you had to look at it but couldn;t with the SC there

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
            btw, been playing some FFVIII lately?
            Nope! First time I played it I got bored with it part way through disc 2.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              Nope! First time I played it I got bored with it part way through disc 2.
              Aw! I liked it okay. Don't tell anyone I just thought, because of the 'SeeD' bit
              !
              "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Wait...she tattled to her MOM on you?

"So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

How old was the first woman that she called her mom? Was the mom paying for the room or something? And was the room reserved in advance? Isn't it standard hotel practice to charge if the reservation isn't cancelled within a certain time frame? I know every time I've booked a hotel room I was clearly told I had to cancel [usually 24-48] hours in advance or be charged.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
                    Aw! I liked it okay.
                    I played it to the end, and it's one redeeming feature for me was the ending, where, it's kind of brutally forced on you that, had you not done any of the stuff you did, the world would've been just fine. Hurray!
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                      Wait...she tattled to her MOM on you?

Peppergirl... remember, it is standard procedure in hotels to have mommy call to take care of it
                      or have you forgotten so soon
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                        There's a common theme. See if you can figure it out.

STORY 1 or "You Spoony Bitch"
                        YAY for the best Final Fantasy IV reference ever.

Comment

The first SC (the one that called her mom) sounded like she was trying to skim out of paying $$$ for the room. As for the second one....let's just say a player short of a football team.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                            How old was the first woman that she called her mom? Was the mom paying for the room or something? And was the room reserved in advance? Isn't it standard hotel practice to charge if the reservation isn't cancelled within a certain time frame? I know every time I've booked a hotel room I was clearly told I had to cancel [usually 24-48] hours in advance or be charged.
                            The first woman was under 21. We had a cc authorization form filled out by her mother so we have written proof she allowed us to charge the card.

You make a very good point about the cancelation policy. Our policy is by 4pm of the arrival date. In both stories, the SC checked in after 4pm.

Comment

Working...
                            X