This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth LillFilly View Post
    When I'm checking handicap cards on vehicles, I always find some with the expiration date (year part) CONVENIENTLY broken-off or covered-up.
    I solved that problem, I just got them to issue me handicapped plates for the car .... solid metal.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      They hand back the old license if we ask for it, tho they deface it by taking a hole-punch to it -- meaning, valid for ID but not for driving.
      I can't comment on Louisiana, but I know here in Florida and back home in Arizona, if it has a hole punched in it, it is no longer valid for ID, at least not for alcohol purchases. That hole punch is the same as the ID being expired....it is no longer considered valid.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth DarkProwler View Post
        That changes next year, with the driver's license anyway (not sure about the ID cards, but probably). With the new regulations, you'll have to have a certain number of documents proving who you are (and your old license doesn't count), then they'll issue you a temp, and then later mail the license to you after the paperwork has been verified.

My license exipres in 2012, so maybe I won't have to worry about it
        Mine expires in 2015. I happened to have some time during the week a couple months ago and confirmed that my birth certificate is in my safe deposit box (where it will continue to gather dust for the next six years, I guess).

If I understood the website correctly, you can simply hang on to the old license after a renewal. Also, the reasons for the new requirements apply whether or not you intend to drive, i.e., the ID cards will have the same requirements.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          I can't comment on Louisiana, but I know here in Florida and back home in Arizona, if it has a hole punched in it, it is no longer valid for ID, at least not for alcohol purchases. That hole punch is the same as the ID being expired....it is no longer considered valid.
          Hmm...It's quite possible I may be mistaken, then. I always told them I didn't want it. Didn't really see the point.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
            As a simple born in the US citizen, "all" I was told I would need would be - not only my old Washington license, but also two items from a narrow acceptable list of items to prove my address here in Oregon, plus my birth certificate (with state seal)...
            And, at that point, I'd be screwed, I've never had a birth certificate

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              And, at that point, I'd be screwed, I've never had a birth certificate

^-.-^
              Are you an evil space alien trying to take over the world?
              Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post
                Are you an evil space alien trying to take over the world?
                Of course not!

I'm a nice interdimensional traveler just here to hang out and have fun, and maybe brighten a day or two as I go.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                X