Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If guys only knew how much @#%!!! they could get from their girlfriends if they handmade them scarves...

Comment

My dad just knitted me a feather and fan afghan. I'm knitting him a scarf in return (I'm not the greatest knitter...but I'm also crocheting him an afghan)

He's going to teach me the feather and fan pattern this weekend.

He started another afghan that he's going to give to my brother-in-law as a christmas present. My brother-in-law makes my nieces clothes. (and he also does needlepoint)

I dont think guys knitting or crocheting (or sewing) is weird. But then, I grew up with a dad who knitted lace afghans for fun.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
        Don't get me wrong here, I am truly appalled and baffled by her behavior. But, but - she has someone...a husband, or whatever... *WITH* her when she does this??????

What the hell does he do as she's doing this shit? Does he try to calm her down, hustle her out, anything? Or does he just freaking STAND there?

Wow. There are no words. That's just a whole new level of fuckery.
        He was kinda in with her on it. He tried to play the good cop. He walked up to the counter and asked "she's just really upset, can't you just return it for her, please?" I replied "I'm sorry sir, that's just policy. There's no line, so it really will just take a moment. If she had done it with out complaint, you'd already be out of here, that is unless we find an issue with the fabric. Will we?" He started to look really concerned and just kinda whispered, "please, can't you please just do it. She'll only get angrier" I was just thinking, you shouldn't have tried to steal stuff in the first place, and you're the one who chose to stay with her, so I have no sympathy for you." He was pretty good about the whole thing, but he did try to pull the 'i used to work in retail and know the rules thing.' I just responded by telling him that if he worked in retail then he'd know each company has different policies, and unless he worked in a fabric store he really wouldn't know what those policies were. The end."

Comment

Quoth flutes_and_fabric View Post
          Oh, and a funny one. One of my gen eds has a lot of football players in it. They all sit behind me. I was crocheting a scarf
          For some unknown reason most of the boys in my eighth grade class took up crocheting for quite a while. I still don't know where the fad came from, or why mostly rural, thirteen year old boys would have the confidence to buck a gender stereotype, but we were all into it enough to make hats, scarves, MITTENS, etc. Hope your football guys' coach realizes that it develops manual dexterity and is kind of calming.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
            Hope your football guys' coach realizes that it develops manual dexterity and is kind of calming.
            Crocheting and knitting is known to lower blood pressure too. I think that's one of the reasons my dad knits. He's got high blood pressure and a heart condition. It's one of his stress relievers.

He's been knitting an awful lot lately too...there's been a few illnesses in the family (mine...and another relative) so I think it's great that he's got a hobby he enjoys and can share with me and my sister. (I'm a crocheter and sometime knitter...my sister is a knitter)

Comment

I think it's sweet that the football player wants to knit a hat for his girlfriend. And it's always nice to learn a new hobby, especially a useful one like knitting, sewing or crocheting. Nice comfy quilts and scarves make great Christmas/Hanukah/Kwanzaa/Yule/etc. presents!

As for BL, if all she wanted was 1/8 yard of each, why didn't she just buy 1/8 yard of each?! Oh, wait, that's right, it requires common sense. I've just started the fabric store job, and I've cut 1/8 yard of fabric (people wanting velvet or fakefur trim for costumes). It's not a big deal, we won't treat you weird, we're paid the same whether we're cutting 1/8 yard or 8 yards.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I also love that the football players are learning to knit and crochet

Comment

Working...
                X