This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    I guess I should be proud that I was born during the Baby Bust, then (the period of lower births shortly after the Boom)
    I'm also a Baby Buster . . . born in '69.

BTW, the term is also interchangeable with Generation X.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      Eeeeekg I like to tell myself that I'm from the gen *before* the X...Gen Y?? Gen13?? I seems to recall that people described as GenX'ers were "kids" to me.

I think I prefer "Atari Generation" -- Between my brother and I, we burned out three 2600's and a Sears Tele-Games (tore brand equivalent to the 2600) around age 3 or 4.
      Last edited by EricKei; 11-23-2009, 12:21 PM.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        I don't trust Wikipedia at all for generational information. Their different articles on the same things have conflicting information.

And while I have no issues with being referred to as a baby buster gen, I refuse to be part of "generation x." I remember in the 80s that Gen X was supposed to have started in the mid-70s (it was absolutely after I was born, which was '71), and now they've settled it as starting in the 60s? Feh. I'd rather be called the boob tube generation... So, after the boomers, we have the tubers, and then the Xers.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          I remember in the 80s that Gen X was supposed to have started in the mid-70s (it was absolutely after I was born, which was '71), and now they've settled it as starting in the 60s? Feh. I'd rather be called the boob tube generation... So, after the boomers, we have the tubers, and then the Xers.

^-.-^
          When I was a kid I was told the 80's were the start of Gen X then when I got older it was suddenly 1980 was the end of Gen X

Comment

I don't think it's just Wisconsin and Minnesota, although I can see why we'd think that.....Wisconsin is nothing but farmland and woods and only a few big cities, so naturally there is nothing better to do than piss people off all day......and Minnesota.....well, you get so bored counting every mud puddle as a lake that you'd have to find another hobby
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

We used to get that all the time. "How come you charge more than Staples?"

Uh, because we aren't Staples, we are Kinko's?

I dunno, that seemed obvious to me.

Comment

Sometimes large price gaps are worth taking up with management. Even if I don't make a commission on sales, I like to see wherever I'm working make sales.

I would shop at Wal-Mart a lot more often if there was one within a reasonable distance. The nearest one for me is too far away. I can understand the frustration of those who don't want to travel far and want to pay Wal-Mart prices.

Comment

Quoth Can I have a cheeseburger View Post
                  Sometimes large price gaps are worth taking up with management.
                  Only if it is a price gap with your competitor. If it's that far away that the drive isn't worth it then it isn't your stores competitor.

For example on side of my town stores are pricey and people on that side of the town give their high school kids brand new cars.

My side of town I park my 96 Buick and the prices in the same chains and other stores are a lot lower. When looking at prices you have to look at demographic as well as other factors.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    and Minnesota.....well, you get so bored counting every mud puddle as a lake that you'd have to find another hobby
                    So being obsessed over some "old" 40 year old guy now nicknamed "Purple Saviour" isn't one of them?
                    New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                    New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Blargh... sounds horribly familiar.

SC: Blue Stripy Supermarket's petrol prices are way cheaper than yours!
                      Me: (fantasy reply) So why don't you go and bother them, instead of coming her and whining at me?

It's so stupid. For one thing, we lowly peons have no control over pricing at all. For another, it seems incredibly pointless to go someplace and whine about prices being cheaper elsewhere. If it's cheaper elsewhere, then BLOODY GO AND SHOP THERE! Jeez.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                      X