Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture of my daughter's first visit with Santa she looks eerily quiet. A second after the flash of the camera she was screaming her head off.

Comment

Aw, I was Santa's Helper once. I loved it. The Santa thing was run by that photo store named after the complete absence of colour, so I was effectively working for them for two months.

Our Santa was a nice guy who was not quite fat enough to be Santa but his real beard made up for that. The manager was a good guy to work with too. My job was mainly taking orders and payment, and finding people's pictures when they came to pick them up. Occasionally I had to wrangle the lineup of kids.

Oddly enough I don't remember there being any really shrieky or scared kids, or any overbearing pushy parents. I think someone did show up with a cranky toddler once and decided to come back later instead of taking his picture when he was in this mood.

There were only two bad things that I can remember:

1) There was a little coin-operated ride down the mall that was shaped like a flying carpet with a big blue genie on it, and it played an annoying little pseudo-Middle-Eastern tune that was less complex than the soundtrack to an 8-bit video game. I can still hum it, eleven years later.

2) One time a guy with his face and eyeball all bloodied was strolling through the mall and security chased after him. I missed it. My manager saw it. Never did find out what the guy had done to himself.

Comment

A mate of mine has an even guiltier secret than mine; when he went to see Santa as a little kid... he peed on Santa. XD Compared to that, my pulling off of Santa's beard is tame. XD
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
        X