This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to confuse one store for another.

This wasn't necessarily a sucky story. But it still gives me a chuckle.

So I'm working at (insert name of electronics giant here) when this costumer comes up to me.

C: Do you sell any Twilight posters?

Now, we'll pause here in reflection. It's an honest question. The series and films are quite popular with young girls these days, although I have no idea why. But any sane person would know that an electronics store sells dvd players, tvs, computers, cds, videogame consoles and a miriade of other nifty items.

While I will admit that we sell things like candy, snacks, and yes, even some Twilight trading cards and 'Seen it' games by checkout, we are in no way a proprietor of posters or other such decorative items.

My own revulsion against the vampire tween scourge (a topic better left to Fratching) aside, I knew we didn't sell them. But rather than look like an sucky employee I decided to radio it in anyway.

Me: (over radio) Do we sell Twilight posters?
    Random Coworker: No
    Me: *thinking* Big surprise.
    Me: *Shakes head to customer* No sorry.
    Random Coworker: *still over radio* We're not HotTopic.
    Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

You realize you've jinxed yourself now. You'll probably be selling them by the end of the week. After all, when rolled up, they don't use much floor space. Stick a box by the Twilight DVDs, and another near the check out. About 2 feet of floor space used.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth solidmetalgear19 View Post
      The series and films are quite popular with young girls these days, although I have no idea why.
      Because Edward is sooooooooooo hawwwwwttttttT!!!!!oneone!!eleventy!

Quoth Broomjockey
      You realize you've jinxed yourself now. You'll probably be selling them by the end of the week. After all, when rolled up, they don't use much floor space. Stick a box by the Twilight DVDs, and another near the check out. About 2 feet of floor space used.
      Yeah, ditto. We used to have a power fixture full of Twilight posters, board games, candy, T-shirts, DVDs, books and other crap. It just went down one of the main aisles and got torn apart by fawning emo girls on a daily basis.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Amusingly (and slightly off-topic) in interviews the guy who plays Edward (R. Pattison or something like that) Has flat-out admitted that he hates Edward as a character, and that if Edward actually existed, his actions would leave him in prison with a 400-pound cellmate named 'molly'

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          You know, it wouldn't surprise me. We have so much stuff in our store for the holidays that someone, somewhere, in their divine wisdom would think of a way to cram those things somewhere into our store.

And none of it would ever sell. That's the beauty of overstock.
          Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

Comment

Whatever pays the bills, though, right?

My husband's annoyed with me because I went off on it, using the "Psychos? Is that what they looked like?" bit from the end of From Dusk til Dawn. He says I sully the better movie with such association (From Dusk til Dawn, that is. ).
            Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Because Edward is sooooooooooo hawwwwwttttttT!!!!!oneone!!eleventy!
              OH EMM GEE!!! Im glad someone feels the same as I do.....

And WHO doesnt sell Twilight stuff nowdays? They all want a piece of Edward's...pie. LOL.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post

And WHO doesnt sell Twilight stuff nowdays? They all want a piece of Edward's...pie. LOL.
                HotTopic sells it.

And Borders.

Well, it used to be Borders, or as I like to call it, Vampire Story Time Extravaganza.

Hell, I dunno. Just ask all the kids these days dressed like they just walked out of a My Chemical Romance music video.

(Side note: I do like My Chemical Romance's music)

Christopher Titus.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                  I took my 11 year old daughter to it so that we could discuss the "issues" that Bella has that makes her attracted to creepy pale bloodsuckers whose freakiness includes glittering in the sunlight. Her inability to form normal relationships with "normal" boys annoys the hell out of my daughter. As my daughter put it:

"C'mon, if Jacob wasn't a werewolf he'd be perfect. Still, he treats her right, stands by her to protect her, and he's totally hot! Put body glitter on Jake and who needs Edward?!?"
                  Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

your daughter is my new favorite person

and see: this shirt
                    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                    ^_^

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
                      your daughter is my new favorite person
                      and see: this shirt
                      LOL!
                      To the whole stalking thing I can only add: Neither does having a pizza face. We don't get the whole Phantom of the Opera thing, either.
                      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

The cinema had some posters in for the start of the new movie. We sold out in the first two days. I have never been more glad I work in projection.

We still have Michael Jackson t-shirts and posters. Since the movie was only going to be on for two weeks, these absolutely HAD to be sold. Head office had plans to shift stock between cinemas that didn't sell enough and those that sold out. They were quickly reduced after the opening weekend. And reduced further, and yet further. But we still have them.

We also sell DVDs. It is slowly turning from a cinema into a shop for tat.
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

In the cosmetics section of the drug store I work at, we sell the Twilight make up line!

I've never actually seen anyone buy any of it yet.

Comment

Blockbuster seems to carry these things, too. One of their stores near my house is closing up and has everything on "clearance" now...First it was "up to" 50% off...then 60...now 70...
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

We have twilight posters at Glitter Hell.

I'm disturbed by this. But not sure why, I mean, we've always sold posters, just usually not the rolled up sort....

One of my co-workers asked me if that was what was considered hot now days (she's a few years older than I am, not many), cause she wasn't seeing it.

Then, another of my co-workers, when I expressed...uh..dislike at the greasy haired dude on the front of the poster box...said "you don't like him? I think he's HOT!".

Which was doubly funny because she's my moms age-ish.

So, 30 something woman, thinks he's icky. 50'ish (+/-) woman thinks he's hot.

And granted, I don't run a register ALL The time, but I've never seen anyone buy one of those posters since we got them a couple of months ago.
                              you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Working...
                              X