Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Stop Touching the Mannequins. (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
    Those mannequins aren't really anatomically correct anyway, so I don't see what all the fuss about a "naked" one is.
    And that's something I want to complain about . . . the mannequin's are NOT anatomically correct.

Just like the dolls I played with back when I was a kid . . . I mean, how do the mannequins even go to the bathroom without the right equipment?

I know, I'm weird . . . I'll go find something else to obsess over by tomorrow . . .
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      I mean, how do the mannequins even go to the bathroom without the right equipment?
      You don't really need visible equipment to go the bathroom, but you sure as hell need some sort of opening... >.>

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
        As an aside, SourRobot, you let me down. Your title for this one is *totally* misleading. I expected a story about creepy SCs -- *ahem* -- touching the mannequins.
        Wow, I sure have an innocent mind because I didn't even catch that!

And that's something I want to complain about . . . the mannequin's are NOT anatomically correct.

Just like the dolls I played with back when I was a kid . . . I mean, how do the mannequins even go to the bathroom without the right equipment?
        I have seen mannequins with nipples poking out from under the shirt. That is both confusing and disturbing. What purpose do nipples serve when on a mannequin? It's not like the mannequin was wearing lingerie or something.
        Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

Quoth SourRobot View Post
          I have seen mannequins with nipples poking out from under the shirt. That is both confusing and disturbing. What purpose do nipples serve when on a mannequin? It's not like the mannequin was wearing lingerie or something.
          To show guys how sexy their girlfriend will look wearing the shirt in the freezer section of their local grocery store?
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

What purpose do nipples serve when on a mannequin? It's not like the mannequin was wearing lingerie or something.
            Probably they serve to make us buy more clothes, because the clothing looks more like it's on a real person, and psychological studies have shown* that that makes all the difference.

*note I'm being horribly cynical about the amount of time and effort used to make people buy more here, and I have no clue if any such studies have been done. It wouldn't surprise me in the least though

Comment

I heard that my old store now requires the mannequins to be naked. I guess to show off the scarves? I dunno I avoid that place now.
              "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
              "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Actually, it's likely to show off how the fabric behaves when on something that isn't completely smooth.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth orcprincess View Post
                  then some "holier than thou" sees the stupid mannequin has her shirt off, and in goes the call to the dsm, then comes the call from her, and the countless emails from corporate on how we are not projecting a "proper image" wtf? the mannequin wasn't topless for more than 30 seconds!!
                  Why not paint a bra and some panties on the mannequin? Well, on the female ones, anyway . If it is painted small enough it wouldn't show under the clothes and then they couldn't complain.
                  "The mannequin is naked under its clothing!!!!11"
                  "But sir, so are you."

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                    Why not paint a bra and some panties on the mannequin? Well, on the female ones, anyway . If it is painted small enough it wouldn't show under the clothes and then they couldn't complain.
                    "The mannequin is naked under its clothing!!!!11"
                    "But sir, so are you."
                    But why just the female ones? Why not the male ones too? They could at least be afforded a pair of boxers . . .
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I'm surprised no one has complained about pregnant mannequins not wearing wedding rings. Although there have been complaints about pregnant mannequins.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Whenever I think of mannequins I think of this...

And remember George's reaction when the lady in the shop started stripping down the mannequin?
                        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                          That mannequin has better abs then i do! Imma gunna sue!
                          Especially the ones in Miami. Those things were built, and packed.

Comment

But why just the female ones? Why not the male ones too? They could at least be afforded a pair of boxers . . .
                            I suppose they could get some kind of briefs, the bra would probably get complaints, though .

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
                              What's way more disturbing than naked mannequins is the mannequins without their heads, clothed or not.
                              Some comedian once had a joke that headless mannequins existed to show how you'll look when the revolution finaly comes, and you'll be beheaded for wearing such tacky clothing.....
                              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X