Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Find me the matching brush. That is not a set. (Long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find me the matching brush. That is not a set. (Long)

Oh my dear god sir. I've never seen anyone so absolutely adamant about a brush of a certain kind.

Lady goes up to the key desk with two handheld dustpans. One of them is a "set" with the pan and the brush. The other is a tan dustpan without any brush. She sets them on the desk, and immediately blurts out "brush?"

I give her the stare, complete with headtilt -- akin to a kitten who just watched a butterfly turn into a Mercedes Benz and fly to the moon on a thimble of pasta sauce.

"'scuseme?" o.o!'

SC: "This dustpan comes with a brush."

"... yyyyes. Yes it does." (It was shrinkwrapped as such.)

SC: "But this one doesn't."

"No, it apparently does not."

I should note right now that both pans were very easily similar sizes. The one without a brush was tan. The one with, was white.

SC: "I need a brush to go along with this one." *Holds up tan dustpan* "The other one is all wrong for me."

I was honestly perplexed; how could a dustpan be all wrong? You're going to get dust in it. How fancy do you need a dustpan to be if the only real difference is that it's tan and slightly smaller. (And thus, I imagined, would be able to fit more places than the white one.)

"If that dustpan *The white one* will not suffice, I'm sure the other similar brushes there near to where you got them would suffice."

SC: "No, no, no, those dustpans are all wrong to me. I need a brush that matches this dustpan."

"Er, and you didn't see any at all there that would suit your ... needs?"

SC: "... no."

"... ... ... aaalrighty, lettuce go back there and see what we have. Y'know, just in case."

I'm a stinker.

We go back there and we look around. I point her to several brushes which would not only sweep away dust, ( ... yaaay ... ) but were in the same color as the tan one and, would miraculously snap into the handle! They weren't meant to, but they snapped in anyway! Oh frabjous day! Caloo Calay, something something swiss cheese.

But she doesn't like this. No. Of course not. Otherwise you would not be reading this thread. Naw. I'd rather be playing Arx Fatalis, World of Warcraft, "Guess what's in this chicken," or counting the ceiling tiles outdoors. Fun. What I was doing with this lady was somewhat less fun. It was like having your nose perpetually pressed to a combination of grinding stone and lardly blacksmith anus. It was quite smothering. Anyway, back to the action packed adventures of WTF lady, are you made of snooty?

I showed her the tan brush that snapped into the tan dustpan just like the white one did, and she shot me down. Of course she did. She's an SC. She gets like two hundred dollars an hour shooting people down.

SC: "It's no good. It needs to go with the dustpan, like in a set."

"It's tan. It's a dustpan brush. It snaps into the tan dustpan. Was there anything else you were looking for today then?"

SC: "Is it a set?"

"Looks to make quite a lovely little set, I think."

SC: "But it's not a set."

(Gotta be crafty with this one.)

"Oh? How so my dear?" ^____^ *Bleeding rainbows out of my ears*

SC: "It was never a set. You just snapped it together and called it a set."

"Mm. That I did, dearest you." (Seriously, how is she ignoring my medieval crackhead speak?! Cool!) "It just fits together so well though. Oh, and look! The brush and the pan together cost less than the white set! Isn't that just great for us both then!"

"Mmmmkay, I'll bite, what would make it a set then if it already matches and snaps together and is the same color but is not a set to you Mm?"

SC: "It's not a set."

"Yes yes that has been established by you... What else was there?"

SC: "Well?"

" ... ... *eyebrow raise*"

SC: "Well?!"

" *Another kitten stare. See above* -- Can you tell me why you want a set, please? Y'know, so that I may better provide you with a sense of set-iness."

SC: "A set is a set. You know, duh." (She just regressed about twenty years)

"This brown set looks like a set. Cheaper than the white set. Get this set. Yes. Get them. You will enjoy them as much as you can definitely enjoy a brown dustpan and brown dustingbrush."

Fukkitawl. People are lining up at the key desk. MUST... LEAVE... woman-with-head-of-cement

Gettin' kinda pissy here. I imagine myself drinking an ice cold mochaccino. Oddly, I've never had one before. I also don't know how to spell it. Firefox spells it like Moccasin.

"OKAY, awesome, well, if you spot a brush that you'd like, let me know," (And I'll scratch someone's eyes out. ^_^ ) "and I'll be at the hardware desk if you need me for some reason."

I am already backing out of the aisle. The other customers know me and protect me as I make their keys!! It's good to have some regulars who depend on you for letting their new tenants into their new apartment. Get in sweet with some first names of your customers. They'll heart you as your regulars.

Half an hour of keymaking later, I find the tan dustpan on the hardware/key desk. She was nowhere to be found. Yay.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

My brain just died a little...
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

>blink<...>blink< ...uh... mild OCD maybe?

Comment

Interesting fact, spaghetti and breadsticks hurt almost coming out the nose

*giggle* Thank I needed a laugh this evening.

And that woman made my brain snap
        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I'd have called it a set. Hell, I call two different sock designs a set, so long as they keep my feet warm.
          "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth PixelJockey View Post
            Possibly, or a form of autism.
            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Buh! not mild! LOL I have OCD and that's something that's never bothered me. o_O
              wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
              ----
              Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Oh geez.. I am tempted to start writing a screen play of Retail goodness and have this written into one of the sketches.

It just reminds me of the Dead Parrot sketch from Monty Python. o.o;
                "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Maybe her definition of a set means shrinkwrapped and sold as a set originally by the same company. It still doesn't make sense but.. er yeah.

If she gets that bent out of shape about something that is going to become cruddy and generally shoved out of sight for polite company, imagine how she is with important things.
                  "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Yah, I don't get the problem either. I'd have grabbed the white set because I'm lazy, and been overjoyed in my sweeping needs if you showed me 'look, these click together and cost less'.

Comment

I kept thinking about it long into the night. (So long as the SC Wasn't around to gloat, she hasn't technically won, has she? ... ) and one possible means of escape I could have had was to look around, pick up a random object, hold it up, and say "Pardon me, but I have to deal with this. It's doing that thing again." and run out of the aisle with it and into the back room, where I toss the item into a bin and take cover from the explosion.
                      SC: "Are you new or something?"
                      Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Had one of those in a hardware store I worked in as a lad. after about 15 minutes of her reiterations of facts we both plainly knew, it took the 2 pieces to the back, ripped off the pricetags, wrapped the 2 items together in shrink wrap, wrote Dust-Pan Set with permanent marker on the wrap, and priced it out as a set for 4 times the original price.

She bought it.
                        Windows Operating System is an oxymoron."

Oh, You want instant Gratification? Go f*ck yourself then!
                        I found the problem. /dev/clue was linked to /dev/null

Comment

I would have just been happy to have something that would cost less as individual pieces than if it was sold as a complete set already. And that lady made my head hurt, what was so hard to understand that two things put together was the same, or almost the same, as the set?
                          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
                            one possible means of escape I could have had was to look around, pick up a random object, hold it up, and say "Pardon me, but I have to deal with this. It's doing that thing again." and run out of the aisle with it and into the back room, where I toss the item into a bin and take cover from the explosion.
                            I would pay good money to see that actually happen......(not the explodieness mind you but the picking up a random item)-I may try that at my job sometime....

Out crazy-ing the crazy usually works for some reason....
                            Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 12-24-2009, 01:21 AM.
                            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

As I was reading through the OP, I was thinking she must be related to Adrian Monk!

Mike
                              Meow.........

Comment

Working...
                              X