X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Erin View Post
    I googled it.

Now I have to get the brain bleach, and also go put my computer in the dishwasher to clean it off.

bad fanfic...bad!
    I've read MSTings of fanfics so bad that I actually had to skip the "fic" itself and just read the commentary, only glancing back long enough to match specific references.
    Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      I read some of it and it is either unintentionally funny or one of the most brilliant parodies ever.

I was also reading http://encyclopediadramatica.com/My_Immortal and about fell out of the chair laughing at it.
      You have got to watch the video interpretation toward the bottom of the page. I only now picked myself off the floor after seeing part of it.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        You have got to watch the video interpretation toward the bottom of the page. I only now picked myself off the floor after seeing part of it.
        Oh good lord. It sounds like Stephen Hawking did it. And "Yogwarts"?

Laughing like this with a cold is not a good thing.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
          He loves Curse of Chalion and Paladin of Souls, specifically for their theology.
          It doesn't hurt that they're very well-written books, either.

Bujold is on my short-list of must-read authors.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
            so join the bujold list =) Lois actually hangs out on her own list and it is a blast. She is a very nice lady and fun in person. She was just at the con this past weekend which I missed because I was on a cruise, darn it all. She read a chapter and a half from her next book. It will be out in the fall =)
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
              I was back with my parents for a couple of weeks before getting married and, of course, we went to the library. I made a beeline for the "B"s and found the first of the Sharing Knife series. I excitedly told my mother, and was accused of bragging. After reading it I shared it around the house. The verdict? Not up to her usual standard. By the time the wedding rolled around my parents were on the third book in the series (we discovered it late). It says something when we'll be annoyed that it's not as good as usual and still devour it eagerly.

Comment

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                I've read MSTings of fanfics so bad that I actually had to skip the "fic" itself and just read the commentary, only glancing back long enough to match specific references.
                Three fanfics of that type instantly spring to mind... Celebrian, Little Miss Mary and Subjugation.

This is what you'd look like after reading all three, uncut and unedited: http://feetbanks.files.wordpress.com...eding-eyes.jpg
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

I usually submit a book to a publisher paranoid beyond reason that the slush editor is going to notice a stray comma on Page 273 and axe the book on the basis of that and that alone: "Excellent writing, strong characters, great story, truly original plot and an ending to die for - but there was a stray typo, so we will never accept it under any circumstances or anything else you should happen to come up with. Oh, and your kids can't submit anything to us either."

I can attempt to imagine the frustration that an editor must feel in receiving submissions fit only for toilet paper. I can't imagine anyone intending to become a professional writer without following a simple set of instructions...

Love, Who?

Comment

Okay, I checked out the video interpretation of "My Immortal" last night, and laughed my ass off. I'm sorry, but anyone who writes a sex scene as "He put his thingie into my you-know-what and we did it for the first time" is just too damn immature to write sex scenes, period. Ugh.
                    Man, that was horrible..But so goddamn funny!

Comment

Quoth Amanita View Post
                      I'm sorry, but anyone who writes a sex scene as "He put his thingie into my you-know-what and we did it for the first time" is just too damn immature to write sex scenes, period. Ugh.
                      Man, that was horrible..But so goddamn funny!
                      I've known people who cyber like that.... >.>

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                      X