This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frack you. Just, frack you.

I am livid at the moment, and on the border of tears. Just....asjdhjkfsdAAAARGH.

Client: so you promised my mockup today, do you have it ready?
    Seraph: I'm sorry, I thought I told everyone, my cat died yesterday...I am taking a couple days off to mourn him. Its been a rough couple of days.
    Client: thats unacceptable you promised my mockup I am waiting on this
    Client: you said you would be able to get to it and you havent
    Client: I guess i will just have to go elsewhere HMMMMM
    Seraph: You fecking do that.
    Client: ?????
    Seraph: See you. I don't need to deal with this.
    Client: no
    Seraph: You've been deleted from my "client" database, and I am now blocking your email. Goodbye!

I actually NEVER promised a mockup to this guy, he was just inquiring about a design, and I had given him an estimate. Not even an invoice. I was completely serious about what I did too, everything I was setting up for him has been deleted.

I am still seriously upset over my cat...pretty much, at about 1 am yesterday, my husband goes down to the basement room to get an italian ice from the freezer, and comes running back, white as a sheet. My cat was at the bottom of the basement stairs in his favorite spot to nap, not moving. It appears he died from heart failure...at only nine years of age.

Most of my clients were pretty understanding when I told them I had to sign off for the night immediately, and that I would be taking at least a day or two to deal with the grief. In fact, a few were pretty bleeping supportive, telling me to take the ENTIRE week off (wish we had the finances to do that).

Just....I'm gonna miss my Kyo...
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

there there

It's never easy losing a pet. They become a part of your family. My wife and I just adopted a second cat the beginning of January. She was constantly sick and after $500 in vet bills we found out she had FIP. It's fatal and not curable. So after only two months of having her we had to put her down about three weeks ago. It was very sad. It's amazing how quickly you can become attached.

Don't let that guy get to you...

Comment

I hate when people are ignorant and unsympathetic about the loss of a pet.

It's very easy to get attached to a pet and they do become part of the family.

I feel for you. I just lost my cat that I had since I was a child the other day. She was almost 15 years old.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
          Just....I'm gonna miss my Kyo...

Hugs to you. We lost our Yorkie over 3 years ago, she was 16 and SO much a part of our family, I still burst into tears now and then when I miss her.

I get that some people never have pets, or never bond with them. But you'd think they'd observe the rest of us and realize we grieve. You don't have to have kids to know losing one would devastate someone, why can't people realize that a loved pet's death involves grief as well, even if they've never felt it?

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

I know I shouldn't have let him get to me but...I just couldn't take it. Plus, if he was acting like that NOW....lord knows what the project would've actually been like.

Kyo was only 9 years old...but he was VERY obese unfortunately, from when my parents were watching him for me when I went to college. He'd ballooned to 32 lbs when I got him back...we'd put him on a strict diet this past year that had him down to 25 lbs when he passed away. I only wish I'd gotten to him sooner...might have saved him...mightnot....I'll never know. But, my consolation is that he'd honestly been happier lately, and seemed to be loving his new lifestyle.

Comment

I get that some people never have pets, or never bond with them. But you'd think they'd observe the rest of us and realize we grieve. You don't have to have kids to know losing one would devastate someone, why can't people realize that a loved pet's death involves grief as well, even if they've never felt it
              Some folks would act that way if it had been your mother who'd died, let alone a cat.

I'm sorry about your kitty. It's not easy... but then, would you want it to be?
              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Aww, his name was actually Kyo? That makes it even sadder >.>

Hope you feel better, and sorry for your loss.

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
                  Aww, his name was actually Kyo? That makes it even sadder >.>

Hope you feel better, and sorry for your loss.
                  Yep, named after King of Fighters...and then shortly afterwards, Fruits Basket came out. Seemed hugely fitting, since he was a beautiful orange cat.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...o/IM000410.jpg

Mods, its ok if I link a picture of him, right?

Comment

Ahhhh, I have a sort of weakness for orange cats...... I had one when I was little that I named Grasshopper because he hopped through the grass. I also had a little kitten we named mouse as he crawled out from under a couch and made my mother jump.

No matter how many we might lose, it is always kinda tough.

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                      I know I shouldn't have let him get to me but...I just couldn't take it. Plus, if he was acting like that NOW....lord knows what the project would've actually been like.
                      Very good point! I'm so glad you didn't have to deal with this jerk through a whole project! :hugs: I'm so sorry about the loss of your cat. I've lost pets before and it's always hard.
                      The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

My cat died at 8 suddenly, on a day we were supposed to have dinner with my parents.

When I called my mother to tell her the cat died and we wouldn't be coming for dinner she was mad at me and said "it's just a cat, they're in the paper for sale all the time"

I told her that her dog that died the year before (and she cried for two weeks over) must "just be a dog then" and hung up.

Apparently my dad yelled at her for acting that way, I've never forgiven her for it though.

I'm sorry for your loss, don't beat yourself up over not getting to her sooner, I still sit up at night wondering if I could have done something different and she's been gone 19 months, don't let yourself do that.

You were absolutely in the right getting rid of him. People are jerks, I've often wondered how my grandmother was treated when she had to call my grandfather's patients (he was a dentist) to tell them their appointments were canceled as he had died.

Comment

That's a beautiful cat.

I'm sorry for your loss. Non-cat-people don't realize how much a cat becomes part of the family.

(Please don't forget to count yourself lucky that you had the pleasure of his company for however long that you did, though. There were good times with him; keep those in mind as well as the sorrow of his passing.)

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

I feel for you. I just lost my cat that I had since I was a child the other day. She was almost 15 years old.
                            Oh. That's the first I heard about that. So sorry.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Blas and Seraph, I'm very sorry for your losses.
                              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                              X