This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He does NOT listen to me!

Tired of customers yelling at ME because the store set up the self check system a particular way.
    Had a guy tonight who was standing at his register, no beeping from the hand scanner, so nothing's wrong that I can tell... he stands there a good few minutes... then angrily motions me over.
    Note: If you try to run a card (credit, debit, gift...) before you hit 'pay now' and the way you plan on paying... the reader pops up "Please Finish checking out'...
    So, I walk over, he yips something about, "So, am I done checking out?" I reach over and hit the button on the screen indicating he paid with a card, the system continues. He finishes, then stalks over to me: "*yelling* You know? I swiped my card, it took my information, it should have known I paid with a card!"
    Me: "*calmly* I agree with you sir, but seeing as I have no say in how the system runs, yelling at me will do you no good."
    Jim: "Well, then, who should I yell at?"
    Me: "Try the store manager..."
    Him: *brief pause* "I shouldn't have to yell, you tell him that I'm angry!"
    Me: "He doesn't listen to me, I've tried to get things changed to run more smoothly..."
    "I call murder on that!"

I will as soon as he gets back from his PACMAN.
    People Against Customer/Machine Agitation Manners.

Ehh... best I could do on short notice.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I kinda feel the customer is more to blame in this instance. Our regular registers allowed a customer to swipe the card early whereas the SCO did not. Otherwise it would check out the customer halfway through the transaction. He merely needed to follow the prompt and push the pretty little button. It isn't hard to read the screen after all. But then, I guess that's your fault too. /sarcasm.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
      X