Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hillel will not supply you with cheeseburgers (it's a kosher thing)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hillel will not supply you with cheeseburgers (it's a kosher thing)

My friend who's the president of my university's hillel (jewish campus life organization) begged me to help with their fundraiser. They were selling stuff and free food meant people flocked to the tent. Since I am the grill queen, I agreed to make the burgers and hotdogs. So many people asked me for cheeseburgers -_-. I got tired of explaining why that wasn't kosher that I finally just put up a sign. Reduced the number of orders...didn't stop them though. We're only in college, it's not like we should have to read, right?

So here the sucky thing isn't that people didn't know that dairy and meat wasn't kosher (there's plenty I don't know about other religions, so I get that), it's that they ignored the big NO CHEESE sign.

Some people didn't believe me that kosher was a legit thing, so I just told those folks that we ran out of cheese cause I wasn't going to argue.

Would have been funny if an SC insisted you get cheese for them so you could say, "Sorry, we're kosher and have to answer to a higher authority." :-)
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

So, how many requests for a BLT?
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        Would have been funny if an SC insisted you get cheese for them so you could say, "Sorry, we're kosher and have to answer to a higher authority." :-)
        Hebrew National products are sooo tasty!!
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
          Hebrew National products are sooo tasty!!
          And Jewcy.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
            So, how many requests for a BLT?
            mmmmm bacon

Comment

I first read the title as "Hell will not supply you with cheeseburgers". Although it did make for an interesting eye-grab.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                I first read the title as "Hell will not supply you with cheeseburgers".
                True dat. In Hell they supply you with Egg McMuffins.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I first read the title as "Hell will not supply you with cheeseburgers". Although it did make for an interesting eye-grab.
                  I totally guffawed at your comment.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    True dat. In Hell they supply you with Egg McMuffins.
                    That could be called Heaven for some people . . .
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      That could be called Heaven for some people . . .
                      Not for me. Ewwwie.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Hahaha. I went to a couple of meetings, I love a bunch of the people in it, but others make it feel so much like hell that I no longer go. Nothing to do with religion, just a bunch of stuck up self absorbed idiots. Only second on the snob-o-meter to the long islanders that make up the majority of our campus. Sorry, don't want to insult anyone. My roommate was from li, but she did break out the uggs and spandex just a little too often. At least she never bleached her hair. I'm graduating with the mass com majors. We just had a pre grad meeting and I felt like I was stuck in the middle of a spandexy ugg tornado.

Comment

my ex-fiancee's mother was Jewish, whenever she pissed him off enough he'd go to BK and get a bacon cheese burger. It always made him sick to his stomach after *shakes head*
                          Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Quoth shankyknitter View Post
                            my ex-fiancee's mother was Jewish, whenever she pissed him off enough he'd go to BK and get a bacon cheese burger. It always made him sick to his stomach after *shakes head*

You were engaged to Wolowitz?

Mike
                            Meow.........

Comment

The egg McMuffin would always be served with Worstershire sauce.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                              X