This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has been seen cannot be UNSEEN!! <SOB!!>

This week has been...interesting. Really.

Yeah, that's the word we'll use...enjoy the following tales detailing my misery.

how DARE you?!?!
    So, I'm standing at the textbook counter, cleaning stickers off books to return them to vendors. We have these little metallic scrapers that help us peel the stickers off without damaging the books. Well, we got some new ones in finally, and I've only ever used the old ones before. They're sharp little things when brand new, and in the process of cleaning a book I managed to swip straight through the underside of the sticker and bury the metal edge into my thumb.

Blood everywhere (yeah, I'm a bleeder...)

Well, while I'm frantically grabbing paper towels to staunch the bleeding and getting ready to run to the back room for the first aid kit, this creature stomps up to the counter, drops a pile of books down and barks "BUYBACK!"

Me: Yes, ma'am, I'll get someone with you in just a moment, I need to--
    Her: I want to sell my books. you HAVE to help me!
    Me: Ma'am, I'm sorry, but I need to get a first aid kit, I can page someone up to--
    Her: I'm kind of in a hurry here!
    Me: <I just walk over to a phone and continue to look her in the eye while I pick up the phone and page for customer assistance to the textbook counter>

She glared at me while I walked away, and textbook manager came to help. The real kicker is she didn't have any form of ID, so we couldn't buy her books back anyway.

Idiot.

Oh...oh dear gods. Nnnoooooo!!!
    So, I get all bandaged up, and that was a production in and of itself. I'm sitting in the back room, working on getting some UPS tags printed for the returns, and I get a page to go to the registers. Odd. I'm not working registers, nor am I backup. Turns out Idjit paged me because someone was in there who needed info about buses, and since I ride them everyday, she thought I could help.

Now, this little fuckwaffle was dressed in pretty pricey fashions, but still managed to look trashy. Apple bottom jeans two sizes too small, Coach bag, etc. Anyways, she wants to know how to get to a specific address, so I try to help her...

Her: I need to get to this center!
    Me: Erm, ok, well, if you go to the corner up by X street, and catch bus number--
    Her: They promised to help me get some Depends!
    Me: (Oh, this isn't going to end well, is it...?) Um, ok, but your best bet is to catch bus number--
    Her: It's cuz my colostomy bag broke. SEE?!?! <Shirt gets pulled up, pants get pulled down and--OH GGGOOOODDDDDDSS!!!>
    Me:

Me: Erm, ok...gotocornerXcatchbusnumber12andhaveagoodday! kthxbai!!!! (please go away, please go the fuck AWAY!!!!!)

And that was the end of it. Right? Right...?

Oh, no she stands there, the walking biohazard dressed like a hooker and proceeds to tell me:

Her: Oh, thanks so much for your help. How much is the bus fare to get there?
    Me: Um...<I can already see where this is going...> It's $x for the bus ride, and then $x for the rail, which will take you right to the corner of where you need to be...
    Her: Oh...well, I don't have any money, think you can help me out with bus fare?

And she stands there. Staring at me.

Me: Sorry, carry a pass, no cash, good luck have a great day (And get the hell away from ME!!)

Aaaand, I flee into the back room again, to promptly curl up in a ball underneath the desk and cry...

Said it before, and I'll say it again. I hate people...

Ewwwwww. The last story. Ewwww.
    *hugs you and buries you in gummi bears and herb tea*
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

<plops face down in tea>

*gurgle*

Comment

*offers cookies, brain bleach, steel wool and a melon baller to scoop out tainted eyeballs*

What? I travel prepared...

Comment

... and GK has the lead ... breaking out of the pack, LP is is putting pressure on the leader ... we have a race here, folks!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Okay, the first person is just a bitch...

The second...um....Yeah...

Comment

A total poopy stranger is staring you down for bus fare?!

I'm sorry about your poor thumb.
              Last edited by Exaspera; 04-23-2010, 02:43 AM. Reason: forgot something.
              Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Had a guy that would rinse his full colostomy bags out in our men's room.

"But Tony," you say, "Aren't those bags disposable?"

Yes, yes they are.

"But Tony," you say, "If this fellow were receiving some form of medical assistance, wouldn't the expense already be taken care of?"

Yes, that's right.

"So Tony," you say, "There's no reason for him to do this, and thus leave at least half a dozen fully formed handprints on and around the sink in your formerly spotless men's room in the process."

No, no there's not.

I guess that's just my way of saying it could always be worse, and probably is.
                I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Ooooooo....Those bags SMELL if not properly used.

We had a seasonal stand and the owner, well, she wore the same clothes every day...and she carried her bag in a purse...and it LEAKED all the time, so it was a constant smell of stale urine. Eventually, people began complaining and people wouldn't go near her stand because of the smell.

She must have been so used to it she didn't realize how bad it was.
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

And I thought the first time I ever closed as a bartender was bad. I just had to use a shovel to scoop a pile of perfectly coned complete with the curl poop off the men's room floor. I didn't have to see any on anyone. Gods I am so sorry you had to see that.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                      They're sharp little things when brand new, and in the process of cleaning a book I managed to swip straight through the underside of the sticker and bury the metal edge into my thumb.

Blood everywhere (yeah, I'm a bleeder...)
                      Lupo, this is why you're not aloud around sharp objects.

Comment

Someone should have told her that the phrase 'When you've got it, flaunt it' never applies to colostromy bags.
                        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Oh. My. God.
                          I don't know what I'm more sorry about, your poor thumb or you having to see that.
                          Sending you cookies and ice cream and a memory delete button.....
                          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Wow, you had a shitty day. The closest I can come to that is this slow, elderly guy who used to come into the swamp 3 or 4 times a day just to socialize, rolling up his sleeves, showing us his scaly arms flaking like rust off an old car, and announcing "You know what this is? This is psoriasis!"

Also, I'd say the Apple Bottom jeans were gross enough to start with.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                              Lupo, this is why you're not aloud around sharp objects.
                              >.> Oh, bite me.

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                              Oh. My. God.
                              I don't know what I'm more sorry about, your poor thumb or you having to see that.
                              Sending you cookies and ice cream and a memory delete button.....
                              Oooh, I want to push the button!

<push>
                              <pushpush>
                              <pushpushpushpushpushPUSH>

It's not working!!

Oh hey, look, someone left cookies and ice cream!! <munch>

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              Wow, you had a shitty day.

Honestly, Irv, I was expecting so much better from you. You lose points there, my friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X