This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get. Off. The. Phone!

Why would you possibly come in to open an account at a bank, and try and stay on your phone the ENTIRE time?

Not only that, but the kid didn't know his SSN. And then gets snarky with me because he doesn't think he should have to give it to me... But that didn't stop him from talking on the phone the entire time, he wrote on one of my business cards that he didn't think I needed it and slid it over to me.

So I told him,

"Listen champ, I'm not going to be able to help you until you get off the phone and get your social... No rush though so if you want to take your phone conversation outside, feel free."

That got him off his phone real quick, and then he demanded to speak to the manager... Fancy that, that's me!

This tough 18 year old kid got real nice after that, but turned a 5 minute process into a 30 minute process.

The weekend brings out the stupid in people.
    There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Hopefully he took home a lesson in basic social etiquette. I doubt it, though.

Comment

Quoth AtDIelement View Post

The weekend brings out the stupid in people.
      No, cell phones bring out the stupid in people.
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

He was just imitating his parents! I mean, aren't THEY right all of the time?!
        Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

why do i get the impression that his stupid was unrelated to cell phones or anything else?
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
            why do i get the impression that his stupid was unrelated to cell phones or anything else?
            Unfortunately, as anyone can tell you, cell phones only magnify the stupid. Ask anyone who's ever come close to being hit by an idiot driver more focused on their call than, say, traffic laws.
            My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

I'd argue right here that a lot of people are still focused on the point that their cell makes them look important and rich and smart and suave.....

It makes me laugh. Cell phones are no longer something only the rich can afford. Maybe just Blackberries and Droids and the like, but just about everyone has one. There's no need to walk and drive around with that thing attached to your ear or constantly whip out the keypad and text away so you look cool.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yes! You got to do the Basil Faulty!

"Well, I'm the manager, is there a problem?"
                "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                  Yes! You got to do the Basil Faulty!
                  That's "Fawlty."

After all, you can't spell "flowery twats" without 2 of them.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Que?
                    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                      Que?
                      Heh. You obviously haven't watched much Fawlty Towers, I see.

At the beginning of later episodes, there's a kid who has rearranged the letters on the sign, and "Flowery Twats" is one of the more memorable results.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                      X