This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "This meal isn't real!" Parts II and III

The woman from the previous thread has returned to the pub not once, but twice. I'm hoping that after a trilogy of bad visits, she will never return.

It was the same co-worker who dealt with the SC in both tales, and I was working in the kitchen.

Part II

Yesterday

CW took out a burger with bacon to the SC. The SC called her back before she had even touched the meal.

SC: This bacon is cold!

She grabbed a fork, picked up the bacon and then attempted to place the bacon in CW's hand. CW quickly grabbed a napkin.

CW: OK, I will get you some fresh bacon.

CW returned to the kitchen with the bacon, which was not cold in the slightest. However, when CW told me it was the same bitch as the day before, I thought I would try my best to save an arguement with her. Fortunately, I had some fresh bacon cooking on the grill at that moment, so I put it on a plate and sent it back out. CW returned with the bacon about a minute later.

CW: She says it is the same bacon as before.
    Me: But you saw me take it off the grill!
    CW: I know, I told her, but she doesn't believe me. She says to forget about it. She doesn't want the bacon anymore.
    Me: Fine.

CW returned to work. A few seconds later, the SC called her over.

SC: I have decided my fries are cold.
    CW: Um...OK, I will get you some fresh ones.

CW AGAIN returned to the kitchen.

CW: She has DECIDED her fries are cold.

I tried one.

Me: These are not cold.
    CW: Yes, like I said, she has DECIDED they are cold. Not they are cold, decided they are cold.
    Me: What does this bitch want from us?
    CW: I don't know.

I sent out fresh fries.

SC: You know, this experience hasn't been nice. What can you do to improve it?
    CW: Offer you an apology.
    SC: And that's it? I was thinking more along the lines of something free.
    CW: Oh you were? Oh well.

CW walked away and refused to go near her again.

Part III

Today

CW burst into the kitchen.

CW: Customersruinmylife, our favourite customer is in again!
    Me: Oh God no.

CW ended up having to serve her at the bar.

CW: What can I get you?
    SC: I want a bacon sandwich and a coffee.
    CW: Ok sure. Anything else?
    SC: No.
    CW: OK that is £x.xx
    SC: What?
    CW: £x.xx
    SC: No, no, no! That is not right!

She actually started wagging her finger.

CW: Yes it is.
    SC: No, no, no! That is too much! Do you know that I can go to *rival pub* or *pub in other town* and get that exact same meal for less?
    CW: Well that doesn't matter. Those are our prices. Take it or leave it.
    SC: I will leave it then!

She stormed off. About five minutes later, the wandered back up to the bar, acting as though nothing had happened.

SC: I've changed my mind. I will have the meal.
    CW: *sighs* OK. *rings through*

I prepared the meal, making sure there was absolutely nothing to complain about and sent it out. CW returned with it about a minute later.

CW: She says the bacon isn't cooked well enough.
    Me: Oh dear God!

I threw it back on the grill for a few minutes, and out it went again, only to return.

CW: She doesn't want fat on her bacon.

CW was fast losing patience. She took it out again.

SC: It takes a lot to get a meal right in this place doesn't it?
    CW: Well maybe if you had told me you preferred well done bacon with no fat there would not be a problem.
    SC: Where is my husbands meal?
    CW: You didn't order one.
    SC: I did!
    CW: No, you ordered a bacon sandwich, I asked you if you wanted anything else, and you said no.
    SC: But I'm with my husband! Why would I order food for myself and not my husband?

Her husband was completely silent throughout this.

CW: I don't know, but it is not my fault you didn't order a meal for him.
    SC: Well it is not my fault I have a bad memory!

CW is trying hard not to laugh at her.

SC: My husband will have a bacon sandwich as well. And seeing as we have had to suffer so much, it should be free.
    CW: No. You are going to have to pay.

She was not happy, but she paid up. The meal was sent out a couple of minutes later.

SC: What does it take to get a satisfactory meal in this place?

CW didn't respond.

SC: And what does it take for you to do your job right? You're really not cut out for this, are you sweetie?

CW had had enough.

CW: For three days in a row, you have came in here and have been awkward and picky. I am very good at my job, and it has nothing to do with me why you are disatisfied with your visit.
    SC: Wha..
    CW: From this moment on, I am going to ignore you. Please do not talk to me. If you have any other issues, speak to one of the other staff.
    SC: Excuse me?

CW ignored her and walked away. The SC tried to catch her attention several times, but was blanked. She left the pub, hopefully never to return.

I sure hope she isn't back for round IV tomorrow.

I tend to get suspicious when someone insists that something be comped. My dad did it once (they advertised that they served blue steak, and he knew damn well that it would be overcooked if he ordered that), and I was embarrassed. I won't ask for it, because I really don't want to raise red flags. And yes, I quite possibly ought to have done so the time that the waitress didn't care that she dumped beer on us (and then brought back the same sampler, with two glasses filled with different beers), but I wasn't even thinking clearly to the point of "no, nothing else" then.

Comment

I knew something was up with the 'no fat' part. Removing the fat is not going to make the bacon healthy. Jesus Criminy Cracker Pants.

Comment

If that lady comes back again I hope you can ban her!

She is nuts!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          SC: Well it is not my fault I have a bad memory!
          I'd have told her to get out after that statement.
          In the slot machine of life, I am the WILD symbol.

Comment

Wow... That woman is a bitch. Can you ban her? Asking for a lot of do-overs and wasting good food and money? What a spoiled brat. What does she want lava in her mouth??

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that if her husband ever complained about something, she'd tell him he was being rediculous.
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

SC: And what does it take for you to do your job right? You're really not cut out for this, are you sweetie?
                RW: ...kindly remove thyself from my pub. Now. Do not return. You are hereby banned.

She'll be back tomorrow. Who's doing the betting pool?
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post

I bet some sizzling hot bacon that she'll be back not only once, but once every day for the next week if you don't ban her.
                  Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

I swear I had that customer once... that all sounds very familiar...

<hides behind sofa clutching teddy bear & sobbing>
                    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                      Wow... That woman is a bitch. Can you ban her? Asking for a lot of do-overs and wasting good food and money? What a spoiled brat. What does she want lava in her mouth??
                      I'm sure we will be able to ban her. The Boss dealt with her personally the other day, so if we tell her she continued her behaviour, so she knows what she is like.

I have got a shift tomorrow, I kinda hope she comes in.

Comment

Who wants bacon without fat? That just ruins it.

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                        I don't take sucker bets.
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I sure hope she isn't back for round IV tomorrow.
                          In the last thirty years, I've sent two things back to the kitchen. For one, I ordered a steak blue and it came out charred; it wasn't even soft enough to be considered well done. The other meal was swordfish that came out dry and rubbery.

But I spent years working as a waiter, and I can't count the number of times someone tried to scam with the "this isn't what I ordered" or "this is poorly made" game. Ugh.

For your sake, I hope she doesn't come back.

Comment

Could you send the bacon out on one of those skillets so it is sizzling when it gets to her?

Comment

I'm sure we will be able to ban her. The Boss dealt with her personally the other day, so if we tell her she continued her behaviour, so she knows what she is like.
                              Will your boss be in tomorrow, too? I hope so. I really want to see the smackdown!

I think the husband is silent because he's sick of her crap and is just ignoring her.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X