This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Lemme Get This Straight.

You purchased this phone at a "Gumby's" convenience store a ways away from here. You admit to have purchased it there, show me a receipt indicating it as such, show me that the phone is a brand no pharmacy around here carries, produce written instructions that the clerk at the "Gumby's" gave you, along with the PIN to activate it and the phone card you purchased with it, and then pronounce that you had it for TWO days and you want it activated by us, NOW. You have no desire to figure out how your phone works, don't want to call the number on said instructions yourself, can't rustle up a convenient family member or friend or next door neighbor to help you, and then suddenly want US to help you with your phone.

Us. At an Aid of Rite. Who don't even carry your brand of phone.

Bonus points for having the gall to get bitchy at us when we tell you no. Throw tantrum saying that the guy at "Gumby's" shouldn't have sold you a phone you can't use and curse us out for not helping you.

Bonus Story: Reinforcements

This thread happened to me in real life today, just not as dramatic.

10 year old boy wanders in to purchase cough medicine that has detrometonjkfjvfjvfdjklphan in it (can't remember, I know it's dextro something) that according to Aid of Rite policy, needs to be over 18 to purchase. I politely explain to the boy that I really, really can't sell it to him because of the detrofewufr89r3q89jkbnxophan and kids drinking it for fun, take a look at the other brands and see if he can find one without the dextrovfjkofijopridsjriophan in it or else bring his mom in. Kid looks at the other brands, then says he'll be back in a minute.

A minute later, boy's 18 year old brother wanders in.

"Hey, that kid that was sick? I'm his brother. He needs that medicine, yo."

"I'm really sorry, but I can't sell to him. Are you 18?"

"I don't have my ID."

"Then I really can't. I'm sorry, but you need to bring in your mom or come back tomorrow with your license. I feel for you, but I really, really can't. I'm so sorry."

At least he was understanding, but honestly. I can't.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

If he's sick enough that he needs medicine to help deal with his symptoms I wonder why his mother is making him go by himself in the first place and not doing it for him so he can rest?

Comment

Because she's a bad parent!
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
        You purchased this phone at a "Gumby's" convenience store a ways away from here. You admit to have purchased it there, show me a receipt indicating it as such, show me that the phone is a brand no pharmacy around here carries, produce written instructions that the clerk at the "Gumby's" gave you, along with the PIN to activate it and the phone card you purchased with it, and then pronounce that you had it for TWO days and you want it activated by us, NOW. You have no desire to figure out how your phone works, don't want to call the number on said instructions yourself, can't rustle up a convenient family member or friend or next door neighbor to help you, and then suddenly want US to help you with your phone.

Us. At an Aid of Rite. Who don't even carry your brand of phone.

Bonus points for having the gall to get bitchy at us when we tell you no. Throw tantrum saying that the guy at "Gumby's" shouldn't have sold you a phone you can't use and curse us out for not helping you.
        That's one of those stories that leaves you looking around the room, confused, going "Huh?"

Quoth ralerin View Post
        10 year old boy wanders in to purchase cough medicine that has detrometonjkfjvfjvfdjklphan in it (can't remember, I know it's dextro something) that according to Aid of Rite policy, needs to be over 18 to purchase.
        Dextromethorphan. And it's not just your place, where I used to work restricted it, too. And I think the Feds are getting ready to put a restriction on it like on pseudoephedrine.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Where I'm from, dextromethorphan is regulated by state law ... apparently it has similar effects to PCP in high doses.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            Dextromethorphan.
            Dextro-meth-orphan.

....I just love the names the chemicals have. I wonder what this one is supposed to do....

....*Goes to check his cough syrup* There's 10 mg of Dextromethorphan hydrobromide is in my diabetic tussin. Okay, one of the two. The other one's locked in my car so I don't know what's in that one.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              Dextro-meth-orphan.
              And it's one of the few more common medications that I can no longer have.
              (according to the CMI they gave me with my new antidepressant medication, dextromethorphan can interact with my meds)

However, if I need cold and flu meds, the Nyal Cold n Flu fighter works wonders for me. (the herbal remedies that is)
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                Dextromethorphan. And it's not just your place, where I used to work restricted it, too. And I think the Feds are getting ready to put a restriction on it like on pseudoephedrine.
                Great. More people whining about how they can't get their precious cough syrup after the pharmacy closes and higher loss rates of the Children's stuff. Yay.
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                  Dextro-meth-orphan.

....I just love the names the chemicals have. I wonder what this one is supposed to do....
                  Cough suppressant. It's the "DM" in Robitussin DM. Basically an opium derivative that's devoid of narcotic activity at normal doses. http://www.drugs.com/dextromethorphan.html

Comment

Working...
                  X