X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Cazzi View Post
    Believe me, I am very aware of that
    I have a grown up daugher who amongst other things suffers from anxiety & social phobia and on a good day can just about squeak out a please/thanks.
    I suffer from clinical Agoraphobia and I still manage "please" and "thank you"

edit: err, not being rude to Cazzi, just a general statement. ILU Cazzi
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
      But something to bear in mind. In a very, very few cases, it might actually BE that hard.
      See, I was thinking of myself as the SC here. And I know my social issues aren't bad, but I realised, especially after reading the other stories here, that I'm not actually anywhere near as bad as some people are. I may squeak, and if I do get the "please" or "thank you" out it might be inaudible. I might babble like an idiot, and make the clerk wonder why this idiot has attached herself to them. However, I'm fairly sure that I don't give off the air of "you aren't even human". I've read complaints about people like me here. I get described differently.

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
      Lately, it's gotten so bad, that I've even stopped saying "... Hello, how are you?" Whenever someone walks up to me and blurts out a word for me to find for them. I just say "Fourteen" or whatever aisle it's in and just look away, indifferent. I can't. I can't do it anymore. If they say "thank you" at all, I reply with a quick "It's in the middle of the aisle on the bottom." If they walk away without a thank you, then y'know what, they're obviously in too much of a rush to give a reply, so they wouldn't have enough time to stop and listen to my elaborations anyway. Good for them. Saves 'em time. Yup. I'm a good Samaritan. Teehee-fukkin-hee and all that.
      And unfortunately, they don't realise they caused this, and just see it as retail workers being dull idiots, and justification for their behaviour in the first place.

Comment

Working...
      X