Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touchy feely customers that won't take the hint.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Eisa View Post
    I have PTSD too and if random people just come up and touch me, I freak out. I have an extreme hyper-startle reflex.

They sound beyond creepy. They aren't allowed to touch you if you don't want to be touched, male or not.

And the sexual harassment=touching reminds me of something. I used to be in this all women chorus. One of the members kept bringing her 16-year-old son. He would NOT leave me alone. He'd come up behind me and scare me [which, because of the PTSD, is REALLY not cool], he'd push me, shove me, hit the top of my head, try to knock my phone out of my hands...just all sorts of stuff. In front of everyone. I'd tell my mom he was really bothering me and she would just be like, "Just ignore it. He's just being a teenage boy." Ended up snapping and trying to get the director involved....and when she wouldn't respond to it, told the whole chorus. And THAT led to me being kicked out of chorus after a tribunal in which the director was like, "Touching your arms/back/head is bordering sexual harassment to you? You need to have your values changed."

Anyway, yeah. Just because they haven't touched any "naughty" parts yet doesn't mean it's not completely wrong. And that 'on his knees' comment is just CREEPY beyond words!
    Your mistake was using the word "sexual". Technically, he's right -- touching gender-neutral body parts is in and of itself, not sexual harassment. (It can be part of sexual harassment, but I digress.) It does not, however, justify his reaction. Just say he's knowingly harassing you and it's causing you problems.

Comment

Working...
    X