X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And mine was just down the hall from that..208

Comment

Try having an adverse reaction to acylcovir! I didn't realize that's what my problem was for two days either and kept taking the damn stuff.

I got to the point where I couldn't keep water down. Then I ran out of anything to throw up, including bile. Just heaving. Hard enough to break a blood vessel in my eye.

Between that, a bad reaction to hydrocodone, and having shingles, I had eaten a grand total of two bowls of soup and about 8 oz of Gatorade....for a week. I probably should have had an saline IV by that point.

I lost about 10 lbs that I can sorely afford. Then I got a cold and lost another 5 lbs. I understand people wanting to lose weight, but this is not a plan that I recommend.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Try having an adverse reaction to acylcovir! I didn't realize that's what my problem was for two days either and kept taking the damn stuff.

I got to the point where I couldn't keep water down. Then I ran out of anything to throw up, including bile. Just heaving. Hard enough to break a blood vessel in my eye.

Between that, a bad reaction to hydrocodone, and having shingles, I had eaten a grand total of two bowls of soup and about 8 oz of Gatorade....for a week. I probably should have had an saline IV by that point.

I lost about 10 lbs that I can sorely afford. Then I got a cold and lost another 5 lbs. I understand people wanting to lose weight, but this is not a plan that I recommend.
        Ug, I sympathize, I had 2 horrendously bad pregnancies. I get morning sickness morning noon and night for the entire time, not just part of the first trimester. There is nothing like hurking the nausea meds [thank god for suppositories!] and one memorable morning I took breakfast when Mom handed me the plate, and walked it into the bathroom, dumped it in the toilet and flushed ... I decided to cut out the middleman=( Turns out my body really rejects the idea of pregnancy ... second time around my kidneys shut down, and I dropped from 135-140 to 95 in just under 2 weeks. I looked like I had just escaped Sobibor My muscle tone was so shot I was on light duty at work for almost 6 months - I did paperwork and inventory, and would work on the spare glove box sand blaster as an exercise in rebuilding my torso and arm muscles. First week back I could manage about 5 minutes at 15 pound air with half an hour breaks between.

People who never lost weight through illness don't realize that there are penalties involved =(
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Yes, there is a heavy price. I'm constantly on the watch for weight loss, because, for me, it wouldn't be something I desired. In a diabetic, unexplainable, sudden weight loss is a dangerous thing.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Yes, it is a bad thing. Which is why my my going from a size 50 to a size 46 makes me nervous. I've actually been drinking a LOT of water, and a lot LESS sugared drinks however..so never know if it is the Diabetes or what.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Yes, there is a way. Get an A1C hemoglobin reading. That will tell you exactly what's going on with your sugar levels over a three month period.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

The last time I took one, it was a hand held (a good time ago, and it had limits) and it was off the chart (ie it was too high for it to read). Since then I have been taking my blood sugar (still a bit high, but barely over borderline now), drinking a lot of water, and though not exactly behaving..am much better then I was. Still losing weight, however, despite the lower blood sugar readings.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Was that really the room number? My pukey guest was assigned the same room number.
                  Yeah, that really was the room number. Must be a puke magnet or something!
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                  X