Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drunk girl driving, it's all our fault she got caught of course.(long, sorry)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theres a story from a CW of a guy who came to our shop to get tires and called us back a few hours later asking if we could pick him up so he could get his car cause he was drunk at a bar that was around the corner of the mall lol
    "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      I could've lost my job if I called the cops on this woman, because that's a decision left to management. How sad is it that the safety of children are put after hurting a customer's feelings.
      If that were the case at my store I would gladly tell my manager "See ya later shithead!" (can you tell I really hate my new manager) I seriously hope that lady got her kids taken from her.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        My guess, perpetual victimhood syndrome

It's THIER fault! If THEY hadn't grown that sugar, and distilled it into rum, and then put it in a bottle FOR PUBLIC SALE, and gave it to me after I paid for it, well, then I wouldn't have been able to drink it before getting behind the wheel!

See, it's all THEIR fault!

I'ma calling my lawyer!
        This should be hilarious but in reality it's probably the truth.

FAMILY MOTTO: It's not _our_ fault, we're innocent victims!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Do NOT tempt us...!

Bitch, your daughter was driving drunk, with her kids in the back! If it wasn't for the store manager, you likely wouldn't HAVE a family right now!
          Damn right, XCashier! The drunk SC was lucky she and her kids didn't end up in a morgue or the hospital.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Yeah we have professional drunks out here too.

My uncle is one of them. He drinks a 24 pack of beer, then gets into a screaming match with his wife and kids, then drinks some more and drives his truck over to his mother's house to sleep it off. Still hasn't been pulled over once. Of course if he did, my grandmother would just pay the fines anyways.

*sigh*
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Grape The Cat View Post
              DSC's mom came in and said that the entire incident was our fault, and that she would sue us for court costs
              That's where you say, "Bring it on."
              What case would she have? "Your Honor, these sales representatives prevented my daughter from operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol with children inside. Throw the book at 'em!"
              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Malibu Rum? Who in their right mind drinking something that tastes like tanning lotion?

My friends made WAP for their party this past weekend with Malibu in it. Oh god was that just nasty.

I love the Victim complexes that people seem to have. I can't wrap my head around people who think everything is always someone else's fault.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                  but then again that never stopped them before ie. after 9 or 10 or 20 DUI violations AND a breath-a-lizer ignition interlock and heavy fines and jail time they still do it.
                  Some people are just terminally stupid...
                  If you've got caught that often here in Germany, you'd have lost your driving licence for good. You'd have to pass a psychological and medical test to get the licence back, those idiots would have next to zero chance.

I'm critizing the German laws more than often, but this one is great, because it keeps the idiots off the street most of the time. I mean I couldn't care less, if they'd only endanger themselves, but they are risking the live of others...
                  No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                    My uncle is one of them. He drinks a 24 pack of beer, then gets into a screaming match with his wife and kids, then drinks some more and drives his truck over to his mother's house to sleep it off. Still hasn't been pulled over once. Of course if he did, my grandmother would just pay the fines anyways.
                    Sounds like "Chuck and Diane," who once lived next door to my parents. They were constantly drunk, and I'm sure they'd been busted a few times. Didn't stop them from driving with the kids in the car even after Chuck hit a tree one night They're *damn* lucky to still have a family.

Also damn lucky, is the son of my late grandmother's cleaning lady. That idiot had a few too many one night...and mowed down a cop at a DUI checkpoint Of course, he blamed everyone else--his mom because she wasn't home to pick him up, the county for not having taxi service (they do, but they don't run at 2am!), etc. He even tried to blame the brakes on his shitbox car. At least he did get what he deserved--some serious jail time and heavy fines.
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      They just can't or won't learn.

In my neck of the woods we've got people with 10, 20, maybe even 30 DUIs on their record.

What can I say? We're professionals.
                      Around here you would be locked up after the 3rd one in 3 years(I think thats how long they go back).

A co-worker did a year because he had 3 DUIs in 5 years. Yes he brought that up that it was in 5 not 3 but the judge still sent him to the state prison.

Quoth BeeMused View Post
                      Some people are just terminally stupid...
                      If you've got caught that often here in Germany, you'd have lost your driving licence for good. You'd have to pass a psychological and medical test to get the licence back, those idiots would have next to zero chance.

I'm critizing the German laws more than often, but this one is great, because it keeps the idiots off the street most of the time. I mean I couldn't care less, if they'd only endanger themselves, but they are risking the live of others...
                      That still doesn't stop people here and there(I bet) from driving. The co-worker above also lost his and he still drives and still drinks and drives.
                      Last edited by VenomX; 10-26-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

It's pretty costly, but people here don't care. You just keep accumulating OARs until you owe nearly as much as it would cost for 4 years at a fancy college, or the 5th DUI.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'd thank the Mom for letting you all know that you not only did the right thing by calling the police, but that you won. She got caught. That's a giant Win.

Comment

Something I've read recently is that in the UK, the police are often frustrated when they arrest, charge and convict the same people over and over again, and the courts let them off so lightly that there's no deterrent or preventative effect.

I don't know how true that is, or how widespread it is if true, but if it is... it's stupid.

Comment

what scares me is that she's more concerned about making the pool table fit
                              instead of caring that she's drinking alcohol right before driving.

so i know exactly where that pool table will fit - in the vasty emptiness between her ears

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                                Malibu Rum? Who in their right mind drinking something that tastes like tanning lotion?
                                Ah, there's the problem; you're assuming the person is in her "right mind". Anybody crazy enough to cram a pool table into a sedan and endanger her children with drunken driving is far from being in her right mind.

I'm just glad the cops caught her before she did any damage. I hope those kids are all right.
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X