Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just because the parking lot isn't full....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just because the parking lot isn't full....

...does not mean we aren't sold out!

We get this sometimes..."I want first floor!!!!!!!!!!!! Your parking lot isn't full. You must have a first floor roooommm...!!!"

People think if there are few cars in the hotel parking, then we must not be busy or full, especially if they come early in the evening, like around 4:00-5:00 PM.

Sometimes hotels have groups staying there, and the bus hasn't arrived yet. Or sometimes people already are checked in and then go out for the evening. Or we have the arrivals preassigned, with some requesting first floor already. Or sometimes the room type you want is not available on the first floor at that particular time.

Really people, when I say we don't have first floor rooms, I am not trying to p!ss you off. We have elevators, but some people don't want to hear that.

I read our hotel reviews on the internet, and the comment cards people leave. Without fail, someone will write "There were few cars in the parking lot and we still got 2nd (or upstairs) room," or some variation like that.

Whenever I stay at a hotel, I always ask if I can have a room as high up as possible. If i want to see a street or a parking lot, I can stay home for that.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I feel your pain. Every year, we have a BIG event where HUNDREDS of people bicycle from Seattle to Vancouver BC, and they overnight here. We are SOLD OUT in JANUARY for the event in AUGUST!!! EVERY YEAR!!!! It's literally our busiest night every year!

Of course, people are on bicycles, not in cars, so our parking lot is empty on our busiest night, and people always complain with, "But the parking lot is empty!!!"
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

See... I request a room on a lower floor, but that's because I have a pretty debilitating fear of elevators (when I have to use one, I cower in the corner, clinging to the railing until we get to the floor we need), and thus need to use the stairs. However, I put that in as a request when I'm booking the room months in advance. I don't think I could justify being bitchy if they only had room to put me on, say... The eighth floor if I was a walk-in.

But that's why I post here instead of complaining, I guess >.>
        I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

I work at a university as a Visitor parking attendant. The dept. over the Visitor parking garage, the Parking office, is responsible for reserving parking spots for events. The bad thing is...the faculty/staff garage is adjacent to Visitor parking, & there have been times when a faculty/staff member wants to park in Visitor parking because they were told by the Parking office staff that they can when the faculty/staff garage is full, but Vistior parking is reserved for an event. I have heard several times from staff member wanting to park in Visitor parking when it is reserved for events "but I see open spots in that garage." That is when I tell them "the parking spots have already been reserved, already paid for, they are only for the people on the event list, & the parking spots cannot be released until later on today. " Some will take no for an answer. Some will not. For the ones who will not take no for an answer I say "if you want to park in Visitor parking, you have to call the parking office to see what they can do for you."

It gets annoying.

Comment

I actually told a someone once that we don't lock our guest in their rooms after they check in. They are allowed to come and go as they please. I get this very same problem all the time at the hotel I work for. Hotel guest are the worst .

Comment

Quoth hotelnpa View Post
              "I want first floor!!!!!!!!!!!! Your parking lot isn't full. You must have a first floor roooommm...!!!"
              Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              Whenever I stay at a hotel, I always ask if I can have a room as high up as possible. If i want to see a street or a parking lot, I can stay home for that.
              yup and I'd rather not have my room broken into-which happens more frequently in first floor rooms....
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I like staying up high as well. You're away from the traffic and general stupidity that tends to happen at ground level But, I also like the view. One night, I was staying near Cleveland...and the city was shooting off fireworks. Even though I was several miles away, from 10 floors up, it was freaking awesome
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I love top floor, but having movement problems now I tend to need to be on the lowest floor possible because of the elevator lockout feature. I can manage going down a single flight of stairs if I absolutely have to, but more than that and I can pretty much guarantee that I will have a CPPD flare in my feet for the next week, and I detest pain. [the issue is in the flexing of the cute little joints in my feet that are chock full of calcium pyrophosphade dihydride crystals grinding away at the bones]
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    I like staying up high as well. You're away from the traffic and general stupidity that tends to happen at ground level But, I also like the view. One night, I was staying near Cleveland...and the city was shooting off fireworks. Even though I was several miles away, from 10 floors up, it was freaking awesome
                    Try seventeen floors up in a massive thunderstorm. Happened at Origins this year. Best storm-watching EVER!
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Add me to the list of people who like to be high up. I like the view and I feel safer. Also, elevators are fun. (I'm weird).
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I had this issue last night. We sold out because of a large group. Most of that group arrived by airport shuttle.
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Top floor, bottom floor..heck throw a roll away bed near the pool .. I'd be fine with it.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                          X