Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What part of OUT OF STOCK do you not understand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What part of OUT OF STOCK do you not understand?

A few days ago a SC looks for a product. They see the "sorry this item is out of stock" sign we had posted.

SC: Hi do you have any more of <item> in stock?
    M: I'm sorry but we are out of stock. We got a email saying that ti was a mfgr. issue.
    SC: Do you know when you will get more in?
    M: Unfortunately, they have not given us any information about when it will be available. When it is available they will send it to us.
    SC: So can you order some for me?
    M: As I said before, it is a mfgr. issue and when it is available we will get it in. At this point we we do not have any information as to when we will get it in.
    SC: But i neeeeeeeeed it for <three day later>.
    M: Again, i can't guarantee that. All the other area stores are also out of stock as of this morning. The best we can do is take you name and number and give you a call when it comes in.
    SC: I told you i neeeeeeeeed it for <three days later>!!!!!!
    M: Well our next shipment is tomorrow, so either you can call us or we can call you when the shipment arrives. If it does not come in tomorrow than unfortunately we will not be able to get in in time.

The SC stomps off.

The next day the phone rings.
    SC: I was in yesterday and was told you were getting a shipment today?
    M: Yes.
    SC: And did <item> arrive as promised.
    M: *crap, this idiot* It did not. It is showing as "mfgr out of stock, production issue" so we have no idea of when it will be in at this point.
    SC: But you said it would be in.
    M: No. I said a load would be in, but the product may not be in.
    SC: Soooooo....can I order some.

I repeat the same conversation as above, until this guy finally asks a intelligent question. In the middle of the explanation my boss drops a printed email in fort of me saying that the mfgr. will begin shipping to our DCs in 5 days and depending on what time they arrives that days or the next loads out will have that product.

SC: Did any other stores get in in?
    M: Actually I just got to word that our DC's will get it in in 5 days and a few days after that we will begin receiving it a few days later.
    SC: well you are no help! *slams down phone*

Sorry.. the factory called and said they don't care about one measly lil whiner!

*coughs*
    I mean.. Sorry. It slipped. Would you like some cookies to make up for the jerkface?

Comment

I can just see it now. If this product is common/popular, and the next shipment is a limited amount and sells out within a couple of days, this douchewaffle is gonna come in, or call up in a couple of weeks, still wanting the product, maybe like ten days after he "needed it so badly, and bitch that you didn't call him to let him know they'd come in, even if he didn't give contact info in the first place.

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

Sorry, but if the manufacturer can't make it, we can't get it in. Duh.

I experienced something similar, though without the idiot SC. At The Bar, we have been out of stock of one of our high end rums for a while now. The local liquor rep for that particular rum is a bit flakey, and I have heard similar things about her company, so I thought I'd go past them straight to the source. With my boss's approval, I emailed the distiller directly.

Turns out it has nothing to do with our distributor--the distillery emailed me back saying that they expected to have that rum available "around the holidays." This was back in May.

Hey, sometimes it takes time to make a quality product. (This is a rum that is aged longer than some CSers have been alive....as I said, high end.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          M: Actually I just got to word that our DC's will get it in in 5 days and a few days after that we will begin receiving it a few days later.
          SC: well you are no help! *slams down phone*
          It sounds like you were quite helpful to me! You gave them all the info you had, in more detail than they deserved ("maybe late next week, but we won't know for sure until it shows up" would have been plenty), you remembered them from the day before, and -- most importantly -- you refused to fall for their manipulations and word-twisting ^_^ Kudos!
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

How come when I think of hitting this guy upside the head I get a vision of a construction worker slamming a sledgehammer into a huge slat of concrete????

Comment

I'm still trying to find out who told people like that that it was okay to keep asking about something because 'it's not really out of stock, they're just hiding it from you'. I have plans for that person that would make Ed Gein wonder what's wrong with my brain.

Quoth ditchdj View Post
              How come when I think of hitting this guy upside the head I get a vision of a construction worker slamming a sledgehammer into a huge slat of concrete????
              You get sledgehammer on concrete? I get 'convoy of 18-wheelers running over a watermelon'. You're a lot more forgiving than I am...
              My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                Now there's a thought to tuck under my pillow for tonight . . .

I've been through variations of that sporadically throughout this year over the Tylenol/Motrin children's products.

The manufacturer is still having some issues and all we know now is that some of those items will be coming back in either by the end of this year or early in 2011. It'll be whenever the warehouse I get my products from receives more from the company and then they force it out to the stores.

And no, I really don't know what to give your 5 month old . . . a pharmacist OTOH would be able to give you better information than I can, but I digress.

I really feel your pain there, Matt.

*hands over a bag of Hershey's miniatures and a bottle of wine*

One of these is bound to make you feel a little bit better.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

One of these is bound to make you feel a little bit better.
                  Or maybe both, combined into one!

...Come on, I know someone around here must have tried such a thing at some point...
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

We all the know the rule, customers have selective hearing about timelines.

Comment

Ah yes, the inability of SCs to comprehend that a manufacturer may be out of stock on something and that we, the retailer, have no power to produce said item.
                      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        (This is a rum that is aged longer than some CSers have been alive....as I said, high end.)
                        Just curious, but is it aged long enough to legally drink itself?
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
                          I'm still trying to find out who told people like that that it was okay to keep asking about something because 'it's not really out of stock, they're just hiding it from you'. I have plans for that person that would make Ed Gein wonder what's wrong with my brain.

You get sledgehammer on concrete? I get 'convoy of 18-wheelers running over a watermelon'. You're a lot more forgiving than I am...

no no no 18-wheelers are too crude. use the Sledge-O-Matic it is much more personal
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                            no no no 18-wheelers are too crude. use the Sledge-O-Matic it is much more personal
                            Nah. Gallagher would want licensing fees. Besides, I could think of three or four people right off the bat who'd be willing to at least ride shotgun in the 18-wheelers if not drive them themselves.
                            My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                              Quoth EricKei View Post
                              Or maybe both, combined into one!

...Come on, I know someone around here must have tried such a thing at some point...
                              Actually, yes. They're better than you think.

There is a dessert restaurant bar down here that ONLY does desserts and drinks. And one of their specialties is wine with a sweet rim, such as riesling with caramel on the rim of the glass. My favorite, and the reason I often go there after a good meal, is the choco-cab. Which is exactly what it sounds like....a rich, luscious cabernet sauvignon in a glass with liquid chocolate over the rim of the glass. Utterly decadent, and utterly awesome.

Yes, it works.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              Just curious, but is it aged long enough to legally drink itself?
                              Yes. 25 years.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X