Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Such "compliments" won't flatter me into letting you use our phone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    ^^^^ this. payphones are almost dead now. 6 years ago (as a newbie delivery driver) I could tell you the location of many payphones in my area. NOW there are NONE that I know of.

the reasons might be HMMMMM
    1. the proliferation of Cell phones (I would say 90% of the people in my area have them.
    2. because of #1 the revenues for pay type phones has dropped significantly (heck I remember when they cost a NICKLE back in the 60's) so why have them if they do not make you any money.
    3. payphones got the bad reputation for being convient locations for drug deals and the making thereof (which is true).
    4. Also convienient locations for prostitute cards... think of the children!
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Gamegirl View Post
      People don't seem to realize that stores are private property. The area outside the store may be a public area, but once you are inside, that is private property and the owners have no obligation to let you use their phone or their restroom.
      People just don't understand the difference between public property and public access property.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        People just don't understand the difference between public property and public access property.

^-.-^
        Nope, and they probably never will.

Comment

Working...
        X