This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ketchup.

Reading the letter from the guy who wrote to M3C about high fructose corn syrup reminded me of this dude:
    Ketchup

A tale from my rest stop days:

The players:
    SC: SC
    Me: me
    SC: That's all you are going to say to me!!

SC: Ketchup!
    Me: The ketchup's right there, sir.
    SC: Ketchup!
    Me: The ketchup's right here sir. <points it out.>
    SC: ALL YOU HAVE IS <brand> KETCHUP???
    Me: Yes, sir sorry.
    SC: IT HAS HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!!
    Me: ...
    SC: MY KIDS'LL BE POISONED!!!! DON"T YOU CARE??!!
    Me:...
    SC: NO YOU DON'T CARE YOU CORPORATE SLAVE!!! YOU ARE ABUSING MY KIDS!!
    ME:
    SC: I'LL HAVE YOUR JOB, LOSER!! MY KIDS ARE SMARTER THAN YOU AND THEY ARE 6 & 7!!!
    Me: I'm sorry??
    SC: IT'S A FACT!! MY KIDS ARE GENIUSES!!!
    Me: Have a good day sir.<leaves>
    SC: IDIOT!!!!

Seriously, I think people have some built-up road rage when they come into the rest stop. Or they're just SCs.

I would've probably came up with a witty reply like" Sorry about that stuff being in there, sir. Last I checked though, no one has died from eating it, so I'm sure your kids will live. Enjoy your meal." It didn't sound like he mentioned his kids having an allergy to the stuff, which would be perfectly understandable.
    Sad part is, he probably worries about a bunch of other stuff that goes into foods. I'm surprised he doesn't complain about meat coming from dead animals, or veggies growing from the filthy ground.
    It'd be really funny if the guy and then you won't hafta see him ever again.

Comment

Quoth Grape The Cat View Post
      SC: I'LL HAVE YOUR JOB, LOSER!! MY KIDS ARE SMARTER THAN YOU AND THEY ARE 6 & 7!!!
      Methinks that idiot would last about 30 minutes in that job before having a breakdown...
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

SC: IT HAS HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!!
        do your kids drink sodas/energy drinks/commercial chocolate milk/etc?

guess what? THEY'RE CONSUMING CORN SYRUP, MORON.

as for ketchup, most commercial brands have it; some specialty items may not, but if that's what 'sir genius' is looking for, he's in the wrong place. LERN 2 SHOP.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

My friend Sarah is allergic to corn so she has to be really REALLY careful what she eats. High Fructose Corn Syrup will make her want to die, but won't actually kill her.

But does she bitch & moan about it? No. She just avoids a lot of food.

That has to be one of the worst food allergies though... corn is in EVERTHING!
          "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Then there are people like my cousin. As much as I think of him like a brother, sometimes I just have to . Swore up and down he was allergic to tomatoes. One day he is eating a sandwich with Ketchup on it. Right on the bottle of Ketchup "Made with real Tomatoes" Yeah....

Note : He never got sick or broke out or anything. Personally I think he just hated the taste of tomatoes.

Edit : Wait, I am threadjacking again ain't I? Bad Mytical.

The SC was also a EW. Sorry you had to put up with that.
            Last edited by Mytical; 12-06-2010, 10:17 AM.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Stryker One
              "fashionable ailment"?! That is a whole new level of fucked up.
              Oh, yes. There's even a name for it: Munchhausen Syndrome (and it's lovely cousin, Munchhausen by Proxy). Usually they will actually MAKE themselves sick to gain sympathy.

If they don't actually get sick, then they're malingering.

Sorry Grape had to deal with that. Some people just can't live without the drama.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I have family who believe I am either hypochondriac or Munchausen's.

I have doctors who can point to scans, blood readings, physiotherapy results, and other objective measures to prove each diagnosis.

I have family who doesn't care about the second fact.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

... Isn't the definition of "hypochondriac" and "Munchhausen's" you have nothing to back up how 'sick you feel'-- because whatever 'ailment' you 'have' isn't actually there!!? /ARG!
                  for the love of pancakes, can't people not be crazy and understand the fabric of reality at some point??
                  In other words, Seshat, WOW you have dumb relatives! (the ones who think that, that is)
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

are there a lot of nutritious rest stops out there? FFS he's getting food at a rest stop and he's worried about the HFCS in the ketchup?
                    there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Sounds like my bf's mother, and to an extent, my bf......I am so tempted every day to tell them to chug that corn syrup and freaking love it.

"ZOMG, THAT HAS HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IN IT! YESTERDAY ON THE DOCTOR'S SHOW THEY SAID THAT IS WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE OBESE AND IT CAUSES CAAAAAANNNNCERRR!"
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                        Swore up and down he was allergic to tomatoes. One day he is eating a sandwich with Ketchup on it. Right on the bottle of Ketchup "Made with real Tomatoes" Yeah....

Note : He never got sick or broke out or anything. Personally I think he just hated the taste of tomatoes.
                        Or maybe processing the tomatoes into ketchup destroyed whatever substance he is allergic to. He wouldn't be the first.

Comment

Raps, I'm sorry you have to deal with people like my MIL. I can't even keep her "allergies" straight anymore, especially since she decided she is allergic to beef but can eat veal. Riiiiight. Funny how she is "allergic" to anything inexpensive.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                            Methinks that idiot would last about 30 minutes in that job before having a breakdown...
                            Me thinks Iradney is right.

Comment

Quoth Grape The Cat View Post
                              SC: MY KIDS'LL BE POISONED!!!! DON"T YOU CARE??!!
                              Me:...
                              SC: NO YOU DON'T CARE YOU CORPORATE SLAVE!!! YOU ARE ABUSING MY KIDS!
                              hmmm....no mention of the gun you were holding to their heads, forcing them to eat the ketchup that HE ASKED FOR.
                              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                              X