This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Green One

Important: We're self-serve. All wines are on shelves accessible to customers.

Woman walks in and stands at the counter. Says she'd like "the green one". I reply that I need some more information, since at least a dozen of our products have green labels.

She gets pissy. Waves in the general direction of the back half of the store and says, "It's over there. I always get it".

I've never seen this woman before in my life. I have no idea what she "always" gets.

We play an absurd game of "hot and cold", her never moving further than two feet from the counter. I grab what I think it is what she wants.

"NO!" she says. "That's GOLD. I want GREEN." She doesn't add "you idiot", but makes it clear that she's thinking it.

The product I have in my hands would clearly be identified as "green" by even my two year-old nephew.

Finally, I've identified the item she needs, and we complete the transaction after only three failed attempts by her to properly enter her PIN.

Just to cut off any helpful suggestions: This woman was not blind, nor disabled. She was just a bitch.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

and an incredibly lazy and stupid one at that. wow.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I can think of something green that she'd like to drink. It might make her sicker than the wine but I'm sure I could get it into a bottle...

Comment

Anybody else thinking of the scene from the original Star Trek where a few of the characters are getting seriously drunk and Scotty holds up a bottle, someone asks what it is, and he takes a moment to consider the question - and says (very solemnly), "It's green." (roll the 'r' for the right effect)
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Anybody else thinking of the scene from the original Star Trek where a few of the characters are getting seriously drunk and Scotty holds up a bottle, someone asks what it is, and he takes a moment to consider the question - and says (very solemnly), "It's green." (roll the 'r' for the right effect)
          That's the one with the aliens from Andromeda who take over the Enterprise. It is one of my favorites because Scotty has a big role in it
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

It's also in ST:TNG episode "Relics", and it's said by Data to Scotty.
            And the sky was full of stars... and every star, an exploding ship, one of ours...

Comment

ObStarTrek:

TOS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWEDZFoLmyA (about 2 minutes in)

TNG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f2lf...eature=related

-Wembley
              Originally Posted by edible_hat
              (also, wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?)

Comment

I feel like I'm at a sci-fi convention

Comment

I haven't been to a good SF convention for years and years. There was one here that had a Klingon poetry contest. The participants were all in full, professional-grade Klingon makeup and costume. Funniest damn thing I've ever seen.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    I haven't been to a good SF convention for years and years. There was one here that had a Klingon poetry contest. The participants were all in full, professional-grade Klingon makeup and costume. Funniest damn thing I've ever seen.
                    At least it wasn't Vogon poetry...!

Talk about your thread derailments!
                    Last edited by XCashier; 12-05-2010, 03:12 AM.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

What a stupid cow!

Next time tell her to get it herself and pretend to be busy counting bottles?

Comment

This reminds me to many of the EWs I had to deal with during my tenure at BevMo! (local wine/liquor grocery store) We had many a customer come up to the counter to "place their order". I actually had one guy tell me to "fetch him a bottle of the expensive cab!" Way to be specific and an ass all at the same time!

I loved the job there but those customers definitely took a toll on me!
                        Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          Was it near Chicago? Because I always participate in (and usually place in) the Klingon Poetry Contest at Duckon outside Chicago.

And to bring this back to the thread, at cons, there is usually at least one party where the drinks are "red stuff", "green stuff", and "blue stuff". The blue stuff is my drink of choice.
                          "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
                            I actually had one guy tell me to "fetch him a bottle of the expensive cab!" Way to be specific and an ass all at the same time!
                            Someone dumb enough to ask for that is going to get screwed in a big way. I'll sell him the most expensive Cabernet, because I've got sales targets to meet, but if he's expecting that it's the BEST Cabernet we've got, he's got another thing coming.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

"perks up" Star Trek? Someone mention Star Trek?
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X